Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

His legs are gone, but he can still pass, shoot, and his vision is fantastic. In the right system, I am sure he can work, but I don't see him being a viable option unless we are chasing a goal or playing a team with 10 men. 

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Fair one.......however........the alternative is no one says anything and in 20 years time we all speak some f'd up weird language more akin to shorthand than English.

I'm down with that. English has some stupid rules as it is.

10 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I'm down with that. English has some stupid rules as it is.

It's hard to see how saying 'modals need to be followed by bare infinitives, unless the infinitive is 'have', in which case why not just put a random **** preposition in there' would be any clearer or more helpful.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It didn't quite come off for him today, but what I like about him is he actually gets into the box. I wouldn't be averse to him being more involved.

Fully agree, I’d like to see him get a chance as he carries a goal threat. Not sure who misses out though, so glad I’m not the manager.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, terrytini said:

Indeed he does....clearly the Coach has a lot of time for him.

Definitely. I think his time at Villa is limited, but I wouldn't be surprised if he makes an impact on the PL at some point. Again that is. 

Next time it might count. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Definitely. I think his time at Villa is limited, but I wouldn't be surprised if he makes an impact on the PL at some point. Again that is. 

Next time it might count. 

Yes that still rankles, a lot.

Give him time and space and he'll make the right decision and put it within an inch of where you'd want it.

Technically excellent. 

BUT, you don't get that time, he's not a guy who'd going to get stuck in and battle hard. 

That might be unfair, but it's the impression I get.  I know he can be prickly, and go in hard on players, but under the cosh, I wouldn't rely on him. 

20 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Give him time and space and he'll make the right decision and put it within an inch of where you'd want it.

Technically excellent. 

BUT, you don't get that time, he's not a guy who'd going to get stuck in and battle hard. 

That might be unfair, but it's the impression I get.  I know he can be prickly, and go in hard on players, but under the cosh, I wouldn't rely on him. 

Falls into the same bracket as Jota.

Just not quite fast enough to make it at this level. Good with the ball and all that, but too slow.

26 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I'm a Henri fan but did zero when he came on, move him on as long as we get a suitable replacement. Just seems to be one of those players you think if only!

Apart from getting a wicked shot off which may well have popped in on another day. That's why he was bought on, to try and win the game. 

He always carries a goal threat (apart from when we bought him and he was played CDM..) Smith clearly rates him and he hasn’t ever really had an extended run for a long time due to injuries etc. Every time he plays, even for a few minutes he affects the game positively. Scores and assists in the cups. Not sure he can do much more in the brief cameos he has had.

He's the footballer we all want to be in our head.

Sure, we pretend we want to be all action, box to box, getting stuck in, showing pashun and all that jazz, but truthfully we want to be Lansbury. Strutting around pinging beautifully weighted passes all over the shop.

Â