Jump to content

Henri Lansbury


Recommended Posts

His legs are gone, but he can still pass, shoot, and his vision is fantastic. In the right system, I am sure he can work, but I don't see him being a viable option unless we are chasing a goal or playing a team with 10 men. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Fair one.......however........the alternative is no one says anything and in 20 years time we all speak some f'd up weird language more akin to shorthand than English.

 

I'm down with that. English has some stupid rules as it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I'm down with that. English has some stupid rules as it is.

It's hard to see how saying 'modals need to be followed by bare infinitives, unless the infinitive is 'have', in which case why not just put a random **** preposition in there' would be any clearer or more helpful.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It didn't quite come off for him today, but what I like about him is he actually gets into the box. I wouldn't be averse to him being more involved.

Fully agree, I’d like to see him get a chance as he carries a goal threat. Not sure who misses out though, so glad I’m not the manager.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Becoming quite an interesting option from the bench, isn't he? Seems to have found a role at Villa at last. 

Indeed he does....clearly the Coach has a lot of time for him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, terrytini said:

Indeed he does....clearly the Coach has a lot of time for him.

Definitely. I think his time at Villa is limited, but I wouldn't be surprised if he makes an impact on the PL at some point. Again that is. 

Next time it might count. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Definitely. I think his time at Villa is limited, but I wouldn't be surprised if he makes an impact on the PL at some point. Again that is. 

Next time it might count. 

Yes that still rankles, a lot.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Give him time and space and he'll make the right decision and put it within an inch of where you'd want it.

Technically excellent. 

BUT, you don't get that time, he's not a guy who'd going to get stuck in and battle hard. 

That might be unfair, but it's the impression I get.  I know he can be prickly, and go in hard on players, but under the cosh, I wouldn't rely on him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Give him time and space and he'll make the right decision and put it within an inch of where you'd want it.

Technically excellent. 

BUT, you don't get that time, he's not a guy who'd going to get stuck in and battle hard. 

That might be unfair, but it's the impression I get.  I know he can be prickly, and go in hard on players, but under the cosh, I wouldn't rely on him. 

Falls into the same bracket as Jota.

Just not quite fast enough to make it at this level. Good with the ball and all that, but too slow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I'm a Henri fan but did zero when he came on, move him on as long as we get a suitable replacement. Just seems to be one of those players you think if only!

Apart from getting a wicked shot off which may well have popped in on another day. That's why he was bought on, to try and win the game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He always carries a goal threat (apart from when we bought him and he was played CDM..) Smith clearly rates him and he hasn’t ever really had an extended run for a long time due to injuries etc. Every time he plays, even for a few minutes he affects the game positively. Scores and assists in the cups. Not sure he can do much more in the brief cameos he has had.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He's the footballer we all want to be in our head.

Sure, we pretend we want to be all action, box to box, getting stuck in, showing pashun and all that jazz, but truthfully we want to be Lansbury. Strutting around pinging beautifully weighted passes all over the shop.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â