Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

On 31/08/2019 at 23:35, troon_villan said:

He's a millionaire footballer mate. 

And? He has been unlucky injuries, he gets an opportunity to impress in the PL after a MOTM performance at Crewe and has a injury time equaliser incorrectly ruled out. 

He could have a billion pound in the bank and still doesn't take away from the fact he has been incredibly unlucky during his time here. 

3 hours ago, av1 said:

And? He has been unlucky injuries, he gets an opportunity to impress in the PL after a MOTM performance at Crewe and has a injury time equaliser incorrectly ruled out. 

He could have a billion pound in the bank and still doesn't take away from the fact he has been incredibly unlucky during his time here. 

You've been working tirelessly no doubt for the past year to get yourself fit, mentally must have really took their toll after injury after injury, having to really find motivation and belief on those dark days, you finally get back in, get your chance, you take it...and some fat incompetent word removed robs it from you.
It would be enough to make some people jack it in and stop giving a shit tbh.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

You've been working tirelessly no doubt for the past year to get yourself fit, mentally must have really took their toll after injury after injury, having to really find motivation and belief on those dark days, you finally get back in, get your chance, you take it...and some fat incompetent word removed robs it from you.
It would be enough to make some people jack it in and stop giving a shit tbh.

Henri is a strong character and good to have around the squad (same as Chester) I'm sure he will shrug this one off and have a part to play in this season Dean has him on the bench for a reason.

1 hour ago, nokesy said:

With grealish and mcguinn not currently setting the premier league on fire I’d consider giving Lansbury his chance 

despite the 3 defeats, it would take a brave man to drop them.....I don't think they are the issue......I think others need to step up......those 2 are trying to carry others and its proving tough.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TRO said:

despite the 3 defeats, it would take a brave man to drop them.....I don't think they are the issue......I think others need to step up......those 2 are trying to carry others and its proving tough.

It’s unfortunate for Lansbury that he is up against those 2, I agree I don’t see smith dropping them. Give Lansbury 20 minutes at least 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, nokesy said:

With grealish and mcguinn not currently setting the premier league on fire I’d consider giving Lansbury his chance 

I would suggest that we have 2 full backs and 2 wingers.....of any combination, that are not setting the Premier League on fire, or giving us that much strength on the flanks.

that's 4 players on the flanks, that are not causing havoc for us and not really stopping the opposition in a robust/combative manner, either.

6 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Rewatching all the angles of the Grealish "dive", it's worth mentioning that it was a hell of a finish by Lansbury.

He's been a threat every time he plays. He scored in the season before last a lot of goals while not starting in most games.

He is a different player to what we currently plays in McGinn and Grealish - who both like to carry the ball forward. Lansbury knows that he isnt fast, so he is releasing the ball a lot lot earlier and pinging the ball from  left to right, something that is needed to open up a defence. I like the way that he plays, but I agree, it is difficult to drop the 2 mentioned above.

On 02/09/2019 at 22:30, nokesy said:

Who's mcguinn missed that signing, gone completely under the radar.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Smith rates him, he brings something different to the way we play. If we switch the formation a bit, moving away from from wingers, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him start some games 

.......which I think is going to happen. I think we will see Conor and Lansbury given a chance to stake a claim at the expense of AEG and Trez who may migrate to impact subs u TIL we find our feet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I would like to see him get a start in front of Hourihane in the next couple of games - his energy and drive will be far more suited to games where we need more "off the ball" i.e. against Citeh and Plop.  He also carries a goal threat. 

I wouldn’t.

• Like 1

Â