Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

But that's not a fact is it? It's also going to look mighty silly if we get something out of the next two games. 

Didn't say if was a fact? My opinion and I think we won't but let's see. No shame in it they are quality teams

14 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yes. He will get his chance to look a yard of  pace and then get injured.

Yes he looked a good yard off the pace when he ran down the wing smashed the ball into the net against Palace. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, romavillan said:

He might play int he cup against the dingles, along with Chester and Hause, Steer, Davis et al. 

If he can play well in that then it'll give Smith something to think about. 

Think Smith will play his strongest 11 

Yeah but you play City, you would think that would involve some extremely hard yards clocked up, you have one day recovery, then prepare Wolves, then play Wolves, then one day recovery and get one day to prepare for Liverpool and go with the same 11 through all that? I'd suggest it's not the best way to prepare for the Liverpool game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Yeah but you play City, you would think that would involve some extremely hard yards clocked up, you have one day recovery, then prepare Wolves, then play Wolves, then one day recovery and get one day to prepare for Liverpool and go with the same 11 through all that? I'd suggest it's not the best way to prepare for the Liverpool game.

Plus Dean has already said that this is when his squad will come in handy. He's 100% rotating over these 3 games.

He might well play against Wolves, but I'm not sure why people are expecting him to suddenly come good and give Smith something to think about, he's been at the club nearly three years now and done nothing. Probably been a worse signing than Hogan yet Hogan gets all the stick and people talk about Lansbury as if he should be in the side ahead of Hourihane. Whether it be because of injuries or there's something more going on unfortunately it just hasn't worked out for him, because of how much he's cost the club relative to what he's given he's probably the worst signing of the championship era after McCormack.

On 23/10/2019 at 13:41, Demitri_C said:

Because if we play a Liverpool or a city we will not progress

Well, if Arsenal beat Liverpool, then that's one of them out. City will likely beat Saints (although nothing gauranteed). Maybe City could draw with Arsenal or (Utd, Chelsea). Basically if we go through Dingles, we have a chance of playing two league 1,2 clubs, and go to the final.

Not saying it's likely, but I think everybody remember... (well) ... Bradford.

We could've beat them then play Swansea at Wembley.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, useless said:

He might well play against Wolves, but I'm not sure why people are expecting him to suddenly come good and give Smith something to think about, he's been at the club nearly three years now and done nothing. Probably been a worse signing than Hogan yet Hogan gets all the stick and people talk about Lansbury as if he should be in the side ahead of Hourihane. Whether it be because of injuries or there's something more going on unfortunately it just hasn't worked out for him, because of how much he's cost the club relative to what he's given he's probably the worst signing of the championship era after McCormack.

Because in the first few games when Hourihane and Lansbury came on we played much better? His performance against Palace too? When he's played this season he has been good already. It's not like he needs to suddenly do anything, he's already played well for us this season.

He's only played nine minutes worth of football in the Premier league, and he doesn't get credit for Hourihane's good performances, Hourihane has proved himself in the Championship and is proving himself to be also a valuable asset in the Premier league. Lansbury hasn't proved anything for us, sounds harsh and might not be completely his fault but that's just the way it is after nearly three years with the club.

Lansbury is an average player who would turn up once in every 5 games at Championship level so it's hilarious that people are talking him up like he's going to do anything at this level. If anything he's a player we should look to get shot of in January, ideally utilised as part of a deal if we go back in for the likes of Benrahma. By all accounts he's not on a low wage so he's someone we really need to move on.

11 hours ago, romavillan said:

It is not. Plus Mings and McGinn will probably play those internationals Grealish and Engels are in brink of calls ups themselves, international break is only a break for some. Also we play wolves in the premier league after the international break so playing or best team against them in the cup when those player would rather be playing liverpool and man city, wouldn't be smart.

• Like 1

Â