Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

12 hours ago, jim said:

**** me!

I kind of understand the point. You could pass to a central midfielder who runs through 4 players from the half way line, stops, does a little flick/turn, runs into the box and megs the keeper. Assist for the RB who passed him the ball, when in reality the player made the goal himself.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

What's the point?

You stated that:

He literally did this for 2 assists. You're arguing against yourself.

"An assist is when your team mate literally has to just put the ball in the net"

Lansbury makes a great run and pass to leave Hourihane with literally an open goal

"I'm not going to agree with you, I'm happy with my view point".

What a bizarre post. He's obviously jealous or Henri, or he's wronged him in some way. Really bizarre post.

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I kind of understand the point. You could pass to a central midfielder who runs through 4 players from the half way line, stops, does a little flick/turn, runs into the box and megs the keeper. Assist for the RB who passed him the ball, when in reality the player made the goal himself.

That’s how Mehmet Ozil gets most his assists.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

"An assist is when your team mate literally has to just put the ball in the net"

Lansbury makes a great run and pass to leave Hourihane with literally an open goal

What a bizarre post. He's obviously jealous or Henri, or he's wronged him in some way. Really bizarre post.

both Hourihane and Grealish’s goals were hit first time, the very definition of “just putting the ball in the net”.🤣

• Like 4

5 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Sometimes egos take the front seat

Lansbury detected two team mates cerebrally, it's no mystery that his fitness gives a clue to his ability and if he can avoid injury, he'll murder the opposition (not literary, I mean literally).

Image result for lansbury tea gif

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, 8pints said:

Lansbury detected two team mates cerebrally, it's no mystery that his fitness gives a clue to his ability and if he can avoid injury, he'll murder the opposition (not literary, I mean literally).

Image result for lansbury tea gif

I thought I was the only one who kept being reminded of Angela Lansbury all this time 😄

• Haha 1

The Palace "goal" was a really good finish.

So frustrating as that would've been a massive boost to him after a very forgettable Villa career.

Guess people are still surprised he's still here and actually making the bench but maybe his cameo showed he can be impact sub and get a goal or two.

• Like 4

Hopefully he can turn around his Villa career, so many of our players have been written off in the past (Hogan, Gardner, Bacuna, McCormack, Tshibola and so on), and I always find myself rooting for them to turn things around and prove everyone wrong, but none of them ever seem to do so. Maybe Lansbury can become the one that comes from nowhere proves everyone wrong.

• Like 1

The bloke has never been able to hold down a place here (contributed by injuries), he comes on and scores a perfectly good goal and has it ruled out by a fraud of a referee. 

Some folk just never get the breaks. 

4 hours ago, av1 said:

The bloke has never been able to hold down a place here (contributed by injuries), he comes on and scores a perfectly good goal and has it ruled out by a fraud of a referee. 

Some folk just never get the breaks. 

He's a millionaire footballer mate. 

• Haha 2

Â