Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

31 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Such a nothing footballer. 

But then we’ve made him a millionaire so the jokes on us. 

another luxury player, with no substance....we are a magnet for them.

Edited by TRO

I think the point is we can’t shift him on given the amount he earns here. No point paying someone else to take him.

I do not like this player. Reminds me of a more passive Stephen Ireland.

apparently a nice guy though. Throw him on the pile of expensive mistakes in the last 15 years. 

Edited by villaglint

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Liked him at Forest, but he really has regressed with us and appears out of his depth.

Perhaps he doesn’t even care, but he will never play for a club as big as us in the future. Wasted talent. 

At Forest he played well one in every five or six games, always flattered to deceive.

According to Gregg Evans he's been linked with a move to a couple of Championship clubs, but would have to take a big pay cut. Do we keep him around for depth, although he can't cut it at this level or do we get his wages off the books whilst we have the chance?

3 minutes ago, Hornso said:

According to Gregg Evans he's been linked with a move to a couple of Championship clubs, but would have to take a big pay cut. Do we keep him around for depth, although he can't cut it at this level or do we get his wages off the books whilst we have the chance?

How is this even a choice? Get rid. Basically another Hourihane with far less goals and assists.

The remainer of his contract with us is worth £3m in wages, if reports are true that he's on £40k a week, so probably not going to want to leave, and I doubt a championship club would be willing to pay half of that salary let alone match it, and that's not even taking into consideration the transfer fee that we'd want. Only way I could it happening is if it was a similar deal to the one we did with small heath and Gary Gardner, where we agreed to subsididediedieseid someofthewages.

• Haha 1

Seems like a nice chap. Good for photo shoots and an extra body in training. Technically, he could've been a player. But games just pass him by: his lack of pace is incredible.

I'm a bit sick of us being the home for the 'I-might-have-been-good-once-upon-a-time-but-injuries-caught-up-with-me-but-I'll-hang-about-nonetheless-because-I'm-a-nice-guy' players.  

• Like 1

On 04/01/2020 at 20:20, Villastine said:

Has had more than his fair share of chances. Move him on now, surely we have young players more deserving of game time. 

This is actually what pisses me off about the FA Cup game Sat. If it was such a nothing game which I think it was surely we should have played more of our youth players and given them more game time than the few pathetic minutes they got. Which will probably be the only senior game time they get this year. Awful decision sticking with the same plodders on Sat. I see kids make their debuts at 16 against us. Ours make debuts in their late teens or early 20's due to the drivel we've continually had on our books the last 10 years.  

17 hours ago, useless said:

The remainer of his contract with us is worth £3m in wages, if reports are true that he's on £40k a week, so probably not going to want to leave, and I doubt a championship club would be willing to pay half of that salary let alone match it, and that's not even taking into consideration the transfer fee that we'd want. Only way I could it happening is if it was a similar deal to the one we did with small heath and Gary Gardner, where we agreed to subsididediedieseid someofthewages.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, useless said:

Even if someone would take him I'm not sure if we have the squad depth to just let him go without bringing in a replacement, even if he so far hasn't been up to PL standard. If we could afford a better replacement I'd be happy for us to subsi-didelidoo some of his wages.

I just find it mad we gave him and Taylor four and a half year deals. We were a mid table championship club in January 2017 handing out lucrative deals.

Much rather have given them 3 and a half year deals and then had a renewal two years later like we did with Hourihane.

If they didn't want to sign and went off elsewhere well no great loss as we've seen with their general performance since joining.

• Like 1

Â