Gareth Southgate

Richard

13 hours ago, Hornso said:

Pretty apt description 🤣

A Dementor is a gliding, wraithlike Dark creature, widely considered to be one of the foulest to inhabit the wizarding world. Dementors feed on human happiness and thus generate feelings of depression and despair in any person in close proximity to them.

STOP PRESS!!! Dementor Ate My Wife!

26 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

You don't captain several PL clubs, play for your country 60 times, step up in a semi final to take a penalty for the first time ever, manage your country, manage a group of 26, and a mammoth set up behind it by being an absolute melt.

Say what you want about his abhorrent football like but come on.

100% correct pal, he's a clearing in the woods not a melt.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Getting us to our first final in my lifetime, and all my living relatives'

What a word removed!

Correct 

Edit, BTW, the word I typed was 4 letters long and began and ended with a T, it was not the c-word rodders, I would not be so rude👍

Edited by Phil Silvers

As one of the few peeps on here who have actually seen England win a World Cup, it's quite a relief that we've finally reached another final. Can't knock GS for his achievement, it ain't to be sniffed at.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

For all this faults I guess he's England's second most successful manager of all time now 🤷‍♂️

And he still turns me on.

If we win would he be the most successful?  Its such a young squad anyway, this is just the start of a dynasty. We go into the world cup as one of the favourites.

Is it not possible to appreciate getting to the final and dislike Gareth at the same time? Because I don’t like him but I appreciate England getting to the final. It’s not one or the other. I don’t like Ibrahimovic, he’s a word removed but he’s a fantastic footballer. If he’s successful that means I can’t think he’s a clearing? 

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

While true you can only beat whats in front of you. In 2018 they lost to Belgium strategically as they would have went into the nightmare side of the draw. 

I think the gap between the big nations and mid tier nations is getting closer. Portugal and Croatia now England have got to recent finals so its not like it was for years previous 

Pre Tournament everyone was debating whether we should lose a game as it was perceived that the group runner up would go into the better half of the draw. Yet we’ve topped the group and beaten everyone we’ve faced. I actually think teams will fear facing England 

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Probably have to add 'Sir' to the start of the thread title soon.

I think this point is valid , we seem to give the title away to easy , but he really gets on my nerves 

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Pre Tournament everyone was debating whether we should lose a game as it was perceived that the group runner up would go into the better half of the draw. Yet we’ve topped the group and beaten everyone we’ve faced. I actually think teams will fear facing England 

well I dont think this was strongest tournament, England best challenge would be the group of death runner up. Only major teams on that side should have been Spain and Netherlands. Spain were the only decent team of the 3, I think Denmark fully fit give England a better game than 2 of them 3

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Zatman said:

well I dont think this was strongest tournament, England best challenge would be the group of death runner up. Only major teams on that side should have been Spain and Netherlands. Spain were the only decent team of the 3, I think Denmark fully fit give England a better game than 2 of them 3

I feel that way after every international tournament. This year I think France was so clearly the best team that once they got knocked out it was wide open.

Luck plays a massive part in international football and Southgate has been very lucky so far. I hope his luck holds and we win it! I still wouldn't want him anywhere near managing Villa mind. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I feel that way after every international tournament. This year I think France was so clearly the best team that once they got knocked out it was wide open.

Luck plays a massive part in international football and Southgate has been very lucky so far. I hope his luck holds and we win it! I still wouldn't want him anywhere near managing Villa mind. 

Yeah I think a lot of big name countries plus Belgium are always hyped before tournaments just because of the history and the player names. England have 1 or 2 big name superstars and Italy probably the same but not as many as other teams but they are both actually teams not relying on individual skills.

• Like 2

On 08/07/2021 at 10:11, Wainy316 said:

For all this faults I guess he's England's second most successful manager of all time now 🤷‍♂️

And he still turns me on.

If I had any idea who the guy is that everyone always posts gifs of for sexual innuendos… well I’d do it now.

Â