Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I’m going to call it now. He will be sacked tomorrow. New manager will come in and it will remove the toxic atmosphere at home games. Results will improve at first but eventually the lack of strength at the back will start to show and the bad form will return. We will finish mid table and hopefully have seen enough from the new manager to suggest he deserves a whole season. Either that or he is sacked and we start again.

remember this post. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

It was the whole stadium singing it which probably shocked him rather than the minority in the Holte End he thinks regularly have it in for him. I agree it was very similar to the Bolton game when McLeish got huge stick.

Said it above but I'd be amazed if he manages us again  at VP, tonight was his last home game.

I would disagree - it was easily audible - but it wasn't 27k, shaking VP to its foundations singing 'we want Bruce out'  

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m going to call it now. He will be sacked tomorrow. New manager will come in and it will remove the toxic atmosphere at home games. Results will improve at first but eventually the lack of strength at the back will start to show and the bad form will return. We will finish mid table and hopefully have seen enough from the new manager to suggest he deserves a whole season. Either that or he is sacked and we start again.

remember this post. 

Just needs to hold it together till January when he can get some defenders in. 

Perhaps the disappointing scenes he witnessed relate to his assistant manager reportedly telling fans to F Off when we equalised, smugly.

Bye Steve, Colin, Steve and Steve. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jim said:

“It’s not right for me to have witness what happened in the stadium tonight”

**** off!

Nothing that isn't happening up and down the country to other managers who come up short v the expectations and brief set. He would be far better saying "they pay there money and are entitled to there opinion"  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I heard the fan who threw the cabbage was serious pissed off because he had travelled all the way from Germany for that rubbish. He was a sour Kraut. 

Wurst decision he has made for a while then, did he nazi the other games this season? At least he’s pumpernickel or two into the clubs coffers though.

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It was the whole stadium singing it which probably shocked him rather than the minority in the Holte End he thinks regularly have it in for him. I agree it was very similar to the Bolton game when McLeish got huge stick.

Said it above but I'd be amazed if he manages us again  at VP, tonight was his last home game.

He must have some ego if he is shocked 

2 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Perhaps the disappointing scenes he witnessed relate to his assistant manager reportedly telling fans to F Off when we equalised, smugly.

Bye Steve, Colin, Steve and Steve. 

He is a **** rocket polisher too, it was.more than that. Giving it big bollocks after the equaliser like we won the world cup. Another self serving odious prick, get ****.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I take zero pleasure in seeing Bruce get dogs abuse especially as I think he is probably a decent bloke.

He should have been let go before it got to this though and there is no way any owner worth his salt can allow this to continue. It was toxic tonight and will only get worse if he stays and that now threatens to derail the whole season as it will inevitably scar the players.

The one legacy Bruce could leave is that he played a big part in lifting a cloud from over the club and in fans and players becoming more as one and an all in it together attitude that we hadn't seen for years. That is now being well and truly threatened and the owners can't let that happen. He has to go now.

Mark, I don't like to see people suffer abuse either but, let's be realistic here, if he doesn't like it he could walk!

I bet that he stays, takes the abuse and walks away with a pay-off before quitting and walking away with nothing. Hence, the abuse can't get to him that much. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I heard the fan who threw the cabbage was serious pissed off because he had travelled all the way from Germany for that rubbish. He was a sour Kraut. 

Oh nein you didn’t ?

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

remember this post. 

We have good players - but we don't have a decent keeper, we are short at CB, - and I am not totally convinced we have a 20 goal striker - we seem to have wingers galore which makes our squad at first glance look better than it is...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Probably been mentioned but somebody brought a cabbage to the game just to throw at Bruce ?

I could guess which poster it is 

The Cabbage even has a Twitter account now mate, it's hilarious!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

Mark, I don't like to see people suffer abuse either but, let's be realistic here, if he doesn't like it he could walk!

I bet that he stays, takes the abuse and walks away with a pay-off before quitting and walking away with nothing. Hence, the abuse can't get to him that much. 

This.

I'd happily take £3m to get called a useless potato by thousands of people.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Â