Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Apparently he mentioned that Whelan had been banging in the penatlies in training (with Bunn in goal)?

Why ffs? He had never taken a penalty before tonight and has scored 1 goal in 7 years. He can’t seriously be suggesting he was one of our penalty takers. Bolasie had just scored, he would have been buzzing, surely he should have taken it. 

9 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Youd think a guy trying to save his job would sprint down the touchline to take the ball off his defensive midfielder whos been on the pitch 2mins, and hand it to a Bolasie or Grealish.

But thats not the issue here. Its that each and every week his sides are inbalanced, unsettled, just not right. Still hasnt stumbled upon a settled line up or style of play. Even the law of averages would suggest even that would have happened by now. And to be honest, for the sake of his health he needs to resign. He really looks unwell.

The issue is Whelan should never have come on in the first place.

You know when teams go 2-0 and they kill the game off by slowing the tempo, keeping the ball and seeing the game out? I wouldn't mind if we did thaf, it would be frustrating  but I could take it.

What **** me off was that from the first whistle in that 2nd half we just let them play. Why? They were trash and the first half was as comfortable as it gets.

we just sit behind the ball, let them have it, let them pass it about for fun, we stop pressing, we don't engage, we just sit and wait for the inevitable. it defies all logic.

First  5 minutes of that 2nd half I knew we were bang in trouble. I am sick of it. **** sick of it.

Get the **** out of my club, you dire, gutless prick.

• Like 4

I don't want us to sit back, even if we are one player less on the pitch. It was somehow like we got an excuse to sit back when Chester went off. Got the impression that sitting back is what we know and feel comfortable with.

If we had a playing pattern, knowing what to do in attack, we could have tried that even with one down, but as we don't have that we just don't know what to do and revert to sit back.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Youd think a guy trying to save his job would sprint down the touchline to take the ball off his defensive midfielder whos been on the pitch 2mins, and hand it to a Bolasie or Grealish.

But thats not the issue here. Its that each and every week his sides are inbalanced, unsettled, just not right. Still hasnt stumbled upon a settled line up or style of play. Even the law of averages would suggest even that would have happened by now. And to be honest, for the sake of his health he needs to resign. He really looks unwell.

He will never resign. The payout is too big. I’ve said it for a while and I stand by it. He is desperate for the sack.

No wingers again, a back 4 which ended up having THREE right backs in it and take off all the strikers to invite constant pressure. He's a joke. I hate the man.

Edited by Farlz

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

You know when teams go 2-0 and they kill the game off by slowing the tempo, keeping the ball and seeing the game out? I wouldn't mind if we did thaf, it would be frustrating  but I could take it.

What **** me off was that from the first whistle in that 2nd half we just let them play. Why? They were trash and the first half was as comfortable as it gets.

we just sit behind the ball, let them have it, let them pass it about for fun, we stop pressing, we don't engage, we just sit and wait for the inevitable. it defies all logic.

First  5 minutes of that 2nd half I knew we were bang in trouble. I am sick of it. **** sick of it.

Get the **** out of my club, you dire, gutless prick.

I won't get into insulting him, as he did bring some positives and got close to getting us up.

BUT.

Bang on with the rest, we're incapable of knocking it abotu and taking the sting out of a game. It's pathetic, there's teams with way way worse players than us which with some good coaching get the basics of pass and move nailed because it's ESSENTIAL to look after the ball if you want to control a game. Defending the 18 yard line against a club down the bottom 2-0 at home is beyond a joke.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kwoktolai said:

It has been a dreadful year for Bruce, sorry to say but time to move on now.

Totally agree. I don't hate home as a person, I hate what he is doing to our club through his lack of ability.

Time to take a break Steve,and if you would design and save our club your pay off that would be splendid.

4 minutes ago, kwoktolai said:

It has been a dreadful year for Bruce, sorry to say but time to move on now.

The run after xmas at teh start of the year and the wolves result was the best he got us playing. The rest yeah. Not great and getting worse.

Â