Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Nothing that isn't happening up and down the country to other managers who come up short v the expectations and brief set. He would be far better saying "they pay there money and are entitled to there opinion"  

Doesn’t make it right. Why would anyone want to stand there shouting abuse at a person. I get the chanting of sacked in the morning and Bruce out etc. That’s fine. 

But what’s he point of looking at someone with hatred in your eyes and shouting f**k off over and over again?

Its nothing to do with Bruce, Its the sport in general.  Maybe I’m getting old. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hmmm the end of that interview sounds like he knows he is gone. Bye bye bruce.

I got this impression too. Fingers crossed.

Edited by jim

5 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Wurst decision he has made for a while then, did he nazi the other games this season? At least he’s pumpernickel or two into the clubs coffers though.

Just because I feared your clever pun might get lost in the crowd.

Thank me later ;)

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

We have good players - but we don't have a decent keeper, we are short at CB, - and I am not totally convinced we have a 20 goal striker - we seem to have wingers galore which makes our squad at first glance look better than it is...

Yep. New guy has his work cut out. However a chance in confidence and some organisation should be enough to see off teams like Preston.

The board really need to get this next appointment right or we’ll be here again this time next year. Like we seem to be every year!!

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hmmm the end of that interview sounds like he knows he is gone. Bye bye bruce.

I dont dislike him and will wish him well but he has been a failure here

I don't think he's been a complete failure. He got a hold of the club turned it around and steadied us (don't shoot me for using that phrase) and instilled a decent never say die culture. You can see this from how many late goals we get. The big problem was the summer was a disaster and we've had a very poor start to the season. He's been kept on a bit too long as he should have been gotten rid of before it turned toxic. It's time to see if someone else can take this team the next step.

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

We have good players - but we don't have a decent keeper, we are short at CB, - and I am not totally convinced we have a 20 goal striker - we seem to have wingers galore which makes our squad at first glance look better than it is...

The manager looks better than he is too. He has 4 promotions ya know.?

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Doesn’t make it right. Why would anyone want to stand there shouting abuse at a person. I get the chanting of sacked in the morning and Bruce out etc. That’s fine. 

But what’s he point of looking at someone with hatred in your eyes and shouting f**k off over and over again?

Its nothing to do with Bruce, Its the sport in general.  Maybe I’m getting old. 

So, if you had to watch his mistakes over and over and over again and sit right behind the dugout, at no point would you shout something abusive at the manager?

Edited by villarocker

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

2nd worst defence in the league this season. 

How on earth did that happen. 

It truly is a funny old game isn't it. 

I doubt anyone could have foretold that one ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

So, if you had to watch his mistakes over and over and over again and sit right behind the dugout, at no point would you shout something abusive at the manager?

I’d like to think I wouldn’t.  I can’t hate someone for making mistakes. 

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

Yet we havent started a winger in the last 2 game 

This is what happens when you don’t build a solid defence, rule number one in football is build a solid defence and go from there. Bruce has decimated our defence, it was obvious to everybody that we were incredibly weak at the back. He lost me when he didn’t address that properly before deadline day. It is the rubbish defence that will cost him his job and us promotion. It is bordering on negligence and for that he needs to go.

• Like 1

I dont feel sorry for him or his backroom staff at all. I feel sorry for the fans who have had to endure this. Because reality check, we had on the field today a squad valued above 100 million quid. Preston's is what, ten million? If you squint?

All the complaints about Aston Villa should be how we have "bought the league" because that's how much investment has been ploughed into this team. Bruce has zero excuses. He has been backed, twice and failed twice. Its all on him now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I don't think he's been a complete failure. He got a hold of the club turned it around and steadied us (don't shoot me for using that phrase) and instilled a decent never say die culture. You can see this from how many late goals we get. The big problem was the summer was a disaster and we've had a very poor start to the season. He's been kept on a bit too long as he should have been gotten rid of before it turned toxic. It's time to see if someone else can take this team the next step.

No,he's **** himself up by having a "winning" philosophy of scoring first and defending it to the death last season and half and then messing it up by not replacing a top class centre back and, instead, putting a slow, lethargic, centre midfielder in his place. 

Bruce created this problem for himself and, like others have suggested,it wouldn't surprise me if it's intentional because it's so inept it begs belief!

The way I see it was the new owners told Bruce he could have a good summer but had sign certain calibre of players regarding age and Bruce threw a bit of a wobbler and refused to sign a centre back as he wanted Terry

he has **** us over and ruined our season

Just now, ciggiesnbeer said:

I dont feel sorry for him or his backroom staff at all. I feel sorry for the fans who have had to endure this. Because reality check, we had on the field today a squad valued above 100 million quid. Preston's is what, ten million? If you squint?

All the complaints about Aston Villa should be how we have "bought the league" because that's how much investment has been ploughed into this team. Bruce has zero excuses. He has been backed, twice and failed twice. Its all on him now.

You can say that again and again...

Â