Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

I wish that a genuine journo would ask the simple question of:

"Steve, having lost last season's Captain, John Terry, what made you not want to replace him? If Jedinak is your answer, why?"

Please, someone ask him this!

if they ask him that will he still make them a cup of tea and bring cakes to the press meetings ?

Middlesbrough at home last year, SB says, it’s never easy against 10 men.

Tonight, SB says is never easy with 10 men.

We made Preston look like they were playing against 6 men. Panic stations all round, not all  Bruce’s fault but he needed to change something, he didn’t until too late. Preston had so many chances to score more and he didn’t react. Even before the sending off we were getting deeper and deeper giving the ball away cheaply. What the hell did he say at HT

Why take Tammy off ahead of Kodj? Tammy can hold the ball up better than him.

Why not bring bolasie on earlier? 

I heard the WM interview he is a broken broken man. He has been told he is gone. At that stage I didn’t know about th cabbage, which is very stupid, was this what calderwood reacted to? Also what happened before the game??

I don’t hate the man at all, infact up until recently I liked him. I think coming in when he did he did us well, for a while he lifted spirits, and got us fighting again. At times last year made us a team I was very proud of. But he has reached his ceiling and now must go. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Just listened to the post match interview on WM. He mentioned a couple of times about the crowds reaction towards him, and witnessing some unpleasant scenes in the ground tonight. Looks like he realises how much the crowd has turned against him, and it seems to me like he’s hurting from it. Hearing that interview, I feel a bit sorry for the bloke. He knows he’s going. 

No need to feel sorry for him - the money he is hanging on for will be a great comfort to him.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Perhaps the owners were introducing our new Italian manager...wait for it...wait for it...

ROBERTO CABBAGIO.

Valter Brassica maybe? 

• Haha 1

Just now, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

If you can, try and watch tonights episode of The Debate on Sky Sports.

Bruce was one of the topics being covered by Liam Rosenior and Gordon Strachan.  The stark contrast between the two was unbelievable.  In one corner you had a bright young man who has made the effort to watch as much football as he can and formulate his own opinions and in the other you had a crusty old dinosaur, spouting lazy cliche after lazy cliche.

Rosenior was articulate and insightful - driving home the point about our lack of playing style, highlighting the fact that we've allowed Bruce to bring in quality players, the likes of which any other championship manager would kill to have.  He could have easily defended Bruce (being an ex player of his) but he stood up for what he believed.  Strachan on the other hand wasn't even listening to the points being made, and added very few relevant remarks of his own, more content to drop in anecdotes about his conversations with Steve in the summer which bore little value to the overall discussion.

It perfectly encapsulated the way in which modern day management is going.  With all his experience Strachan should have led that discussion and been the one to make the most insightful comments, but instead it was Rosenior who was the more clued in, the one who understood the real underlying problems.  We clearly have our own 'Strachan' managing our club.  A man who no longer feels the need to learn, but who thinks he knows it all and is as a result falling further and further out of touch with the game. Give me the equivalent of a Liam Rosenior any day of the week please - whether that's Terry, Henry or any number of young, hungry modern coaches from overseas!

.....and what did they say about the cabbage ?

• Haha 1

Rosinior is I think an excellent pundit. 

Eloquent and just talks how he sees it without the clichés and interesting ex pro insight. 

It's probably someone like him who goes on to be a great manager as opposed to the great players who mostly fail at management. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

If you can, try and watch tonights episode of The Debate on Sky Sports.

Bruce was one of the topics being covered by Liam Rosenior and Gordon Strachan.  The stark contrast between the two was unbelievable.  In one corner you had a bright young man who has made the effort to watch as much football as he can and formulate his own opinions and in the other you had a crusty old dinosaur, spouting lazy cliche after lazy cliche.

Rosenior was articulate and insightful - driving home the point about our lack of playing style, highlighting the fact that we've allowed Bruce to bring in quality players, the likes of which any other championship manager would kill to have.  He could have easily defended Bruce (being an ex player of his) but he stood up for what he believed.  Strachan on the other hand wasn't even listening to the points being made, and added very few relevant remarks of his own, more content to drop in anecdotes about his conversations with Steve in the summer which bore little value to the overall discussion.

It perfectly encapsulated the way in which modern day management is going.  With all his experience Strachan should have led that discussion and been the one to make the most insightful comments, but instead it was Rosenior who was the more clued in, the one who understood the real underlying problems.  We clearly have our own 'Strachan' managing our club.  A man who no longer feels the need to learn, but who thinks he knows it all and is as a result falling further and further out of touch with the game. Give me the equivalent of a Liam Rosenior any day of the week please - whether that's Terry, Henry or any number of young, hungry modern coaches from overseas!

Going off topic but I watched it once before with Bellamy, Smith and Strachan. It was cringe worthy listening to Strachan and he wouldn’t let the others get a word in edgeways. 

Bellamy looked like he wanted to nut him. 

Certain old school managers of that generation think they can do no wrong. 

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't think Fergie was a great tactician FWIW.

I read this and thought what a melon. Then I sat back, took a sip of my Orangina and thought about it and I decided that you're right. He just surrounded himself with very good coaches - McClaren, Quieroz, Kidd, Phelan who took care of the coaching side of things.

9 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Middlesbrough at home last year, SB says, it’s never easy against 10 men.

Tonight, SB says is never easy with 10 men.

We made Preston look like they were playing against 6 men. Panic stations all round, not all  Bruce’s fault but he needed to change something, he didn’t until too late. Preston had so many chances to score more and he didn’t react. Even before the sending off we were getting deeper and deeper giving the ball away cheaply. What the hell did he say at HT

Why take Tammy off ahead of Kodj? Tammy can hold the ball up better than him.

Why not bring bolasie on earlier? 

I heard the WM interview he is a broken broken man. He has been told he is gone. At that stage I didn’t know about th cabbage, which is very stupid, was this what calderwood reacted to? Also what happened before the game??

I don’t hate the man at all, infact up until recently I liked him. I think coming in when he did he did us well, for a while he lifted spirits, and got us fighting again. At times last year made us a team I was very proud of. But he has reached his ceiling and now must go. 

Mate, we had all men in our own half whenever they came out with the ball before a goal was even scored. Remember, this is a manager who has been bemoaning the fact we haven't been defensively tight recently. Where did that philosophy get him tonight? 

He's a dinosaur simple as and he needs to be replaced with someone with a more modern thinking style. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Rosinior is I think an excellent pundit. 

Eloquent and just talks how he sees it without the clichés and interesting ex pro insight. 

It's probably someone like him who goes on to be a great manager as opposed to the great players who mostly fail at management. 

didnt mention 4 promotions. he hasnt a clue ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

.....and what did they say about the cabbage ?

The cabbage is not right.

but that second half was even more not right.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Doesn’t make it right. Why would anyone want to stand there shouting abuse at a person. I get the chanting of sacked in the morning and Bruce out etc. That’s fine. 

But what’s he point of looking at someone with hatred in your eyes and shouting f**k off over and over again?

Its nothing to do with Bruce, Its the sport in general.  Maybe I’m getting old. 

Well, I am probably older than you, and I swear at Bruce on the tellybox when he makes one of his inane comments or decisions. 

It is difficult not to do so.

• Like 1

Â