Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, NeilS said:

This is what happens when you don’t build a solid defence, rule number one in football is build a solid defence and go from there. Bruce has decimated our defence, it was obvious to everybody that we were incredibly weak at the back. He lost me when he didn’t address that properly before deadline day. It is the rubbish defence that will cost him his job and us promotion. It is bordering on negligence and for that he needs to go.

It was engineered mate. Said it back then. Letting Elphick go confirmed it. I suspect Bruce probably didn’t think it would go on this long.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m going to call it now. He will be sacked tomorrow. New manager will come in and it will remove the toxic atmosphere at home games. Results will improve at first but eventually the lack of strength at the back will start to show and the bad form will return. We will finish mid table and hopefully have seen enough from the new manager to suggest he deserves a whole season. Either that or he is sacked and we start again.

remember this post. 

Even if that is the case, i'm pretty sure if we see the signs of building something and basic football common sense applied the new manager WILL get patience from us for a fresh season.

PLUS, remember there is a transfer window in January and our new owners are loaded?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

9 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Mark, I don't like to see people suffer abuse either but, let's be realistic here, if he doesn't like it he could walk!

I bet that he stays, takes the abuse and walks away with a pay-off before quitting and walking away with nothing. Hence, the abuse can't get to him that much. 

He is due around £1.5m - obviously there will be some negotiating of course - perhaps it was Wes Edens who threw the cabbage as the villa boards opening compensation offer. 

• Haha 4

Ipswich away "10 men is hard to win against" when 1-1. 2-0 up at home to the worst club in the league and we held on for dear life after going down to 10 men. 

How can Bruce explain the above? Does he even try to? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Doesn’t make it right. Why would anyone want to stand there shouting abuse at a person. I get the chanting of sacked in the morning and Bruce out etc. That’s fine. 

But what’s he point of looking at someone with hatred in your eyes and shouting f**k off over and over again?

Its nothing to do with Bruce, Its the sport in general.  Maybe I’m getting old. 

Stick 90% of us on here in the middle of VP and let the crowd call us a clearing in the woods or any name you care to think of. I'm sure we will handle it, knowing we get paid £250k a week for the pleasure, an there is 3 million quid coming if it gets to much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NeilS said:

This is what happens when you don’t build a solid defence, rule number one in football is build a solid defence and go from there. Bruce has decimated our defence, it was obvious to everybody that we were incredibly weak at the back. He lost me when he didn’t address that properly before deadline day. It is the rubbish defence that will cost him his job and us promotion. It is bordering on negligence and for that he needs to go.

What makes this even more unbelievable is that Bruce himself was a CB. Plus he played under one of the best tacticions of the last 25 years. How Bruce has seemingly failed to learn some pretty basic things, given his playing career, is beyond me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Mark, I don't like to see people suffer abuse either but, let's be realistic here, if he doesn't like it he could walk!

I bet that he stays, takes the abuse and walks away with a pay-off before quitting and walking away with nothing. Hence, the abuse can't get to him that much. 

It goes beyond him though. He can't be allowed to stink the place out be that because he believes he can turn it around or he just wants a pay off. If he stays the next game starts with a toxic atmosphere, which transmits to the players, a few missed place passes and the whole thing snow balls and we are back to the dire atmosphere I thought we'd left behind us.

It would be a dereliction of duty for any owner given the results this season and the toxic atmosphere now at games to allow this continue. They have to sack him now and for what it's worth I think they will.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Stick 90% of us on here in the middle of VP and let the crowd call us a clearing in the woods or any name you care to think of. I'm sure we will handle it, knowing we get paid £250k a week for the pleasure, an there is 3 million quid coming if it gets to much.

Not me. Im quite the sensitive soul.

30 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They had a stranglehold at 2-0 down (admittedly while about to take a penalty), 10 minutes in to the second half when we'd battered them for 45 minutes? Did they ****.

The red absolutely changed the game, and it was an indefensible decision.

The game was changed by the way we came out on the defensive in the second half, not by the penalty. I just knew by the way we started the second half that a draw was almost inevitable.

It has happened too often. A defensive mindset.

Just pick up your millions and go, Bruce, you have been a complete waste of time and money.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Ipswich away "10 men is hard to win against" when 1-1. 2-0 up at home to the worst club in the league and we held on for dear life after going down to 10 men. 

How can Bruce explain the above? Does he even try to? 

and there was a game a few weeks ago when he was banging on about how one of their players should have been sent off and we would have went on to win it.He is full of shit.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Even if that is the case, i'm pretty sure if we see the signs of building something and basic football common sense applied the new manager WILL get patience from us for a fresh season.

PLUS, remember there is a transfer window in January and our new owners are loaded?

True but all I ever hear is we are going to get fined because of FFP. I’ll be interested to see if there is a nudge for January. 

I wish that a genuine journo would ask the simple question of:

"Steve, having lost last season's Captain, John Terry, what made you not want to replace him? If Jedinak is your answer, why?"

Please, someone ask him this!

Just now, markavfc40 said:

It goes beyond him though. He can't be allowed to stink the place out be that because he believes he can turn it around or he just wants a pay off. If he stays the next game starts with a toxic atmosphere, which transmits to the players, a few missed place passes and the whole thing snow balls and we are back to the dire atmosphere i though we'd left being us.

It would be a dereliction of duty for any owner given the results this season and the toxic atmosphere now at games to allow this continue. They have to sack him now and for what it's worth I think they will.

Keeping it going after tonight doesn't smack of good leadership from our new owners - hiring and firing managers is probably the most important thing they do. If they dawdle and hesitate it doesn't bode well for the future - whoever the manager is... 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It was engineered mate. Said it back then. Letting Elphick go confirmed it. I suspect Bruce probably didn’t think it would go on this long.

It does seem that way, he will get a nice payoff and can probably retire afterwards and put his feet up.

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

What makes this even more unbelievable is that Bruce himself was a CB. Plus he played under one of the best tacticions of the last 25 years. How Bruce has seemingly failed to learn some pretty basic things, given his playing career, is beyond me.

I don't think Fergie was a great tactician FWIW.

Â