Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Chester is a good defender. He plays to a much higher standard when he has an all action leader of a defender beside him. He doesn’t have that, he has a bloody defensive midfielder. 

Bruce needed to purchase or loan a good quality centre back like so. Gareth McAuley, John Terry etc. Failing to do this will cost us. No matter how good and exciting out midfield and forward line can possibly be with what we had on top of some good loans, the defence will be our let down this season. 

For this error, and a very average start to the season points wise (performances have in my opinion worse than average) he will be gone soon. I’ve been behind Bruce since he came here but I just knew today we were going to get beat, although not at the level we did. Time for a change.

Who comes in? Moyes, Big Sam, Dean Smyth, Henry or other?

Bruce: “I can understand their frustration. It was only two weeks ago they were saying it’s the best we’ve seen Aston Villa playing for years. We will get better the longer it goes. I’m convinced at that.”

Good point Steve. One good game playing decent football that appears to be a complete fluke and you can bank that for another 12 months in charge. We will get better than a 4-1 loss to Sheff Utd the longer it goes? I'm so pleased with your positive outlook I can't wait for that day to come. So in the next game when we lose 3-1 you can say that we are getting better.

We have a PL squad and a League Two manager. Needs to go tonight.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Spoony said:

He will get more games. I don’t believe he’s lost the dressing room and I reckon most of the players probably like him as he attracts some great signings and a lot of the time it seems to be thanks to him. 

That being said, for me he absolutely has to go. In terms of tactics, selections and performances, I have nothing to add that hasn’t already been said. 

I’d rather a load of no names who fit a system then billy big wages like McCormack, Lansbury, Elmo, Jedinak, Hogan, Taylor. We’ll be paying their wages for years and won’t get anywhere near the fees we paid for them.

**** retarded policy at the club, as per usual. Loaning out Elphick BEFORE we’ve got a replacement in?! Jesus wept that’s the sort of mistake you make in a video game, not real life. 

• Like 3

“Anyone but me, if it was up to me, we’d be winning. But the players don’t play, the fans don’t understand, the grass was the wrong colour and the kit is a little bit too tight. Oh and the floodlights got in our eyes and their fans were really very nasty to us, but it’s not my fault”.

Thais image sums it up, he'll be ringing his media mates up now as we speak

teflon2.jpg

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

Again, where's the football from the Brentford game gone? Same when we destroyed the Wolves last season. We have the quality, its there for all to see, the inconsistency of it all baffles me. He will never change this, which is why he needs to go, he has hit his limit.

Personally, I think he knows he's on his way. I would guess things have been said behind the scenes. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Can't believe he just dunked on himself again by once again bringing up the fact that we all thought the mediocre football we played against Brentford was by far the best football we played under him  :crylaugh:

He must have missed the part where we were 30 seconds away from losing that game.

Certainly the highlight of his managerial career so far a 2 - 2 draw at home to Brentford ?

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Again, where's the football from the Brentford game gone? Same when we destroyed the Wolves last season. We have the quality, its there for all to see, the inconsistency of it all baffles me. He will never change this, which is why he needs to go, he has hit his limit.

Personally, I think he knows he's on his way. I would guess things have been said behind the scenes. 

Hopefully they will have told him he had the games up to this break to prove himself - I’d hope the owners have now decided that he is clearly not the man to manage the club .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Wow, just wow

Exactly what someone else said, it was the best we've played since HE has been here. It's over a season of football that they were making that comment about!

How long do we have to wait to be better? Until the points gap grows so far that we cannot make it up, like the first half dozen or so games of last season? Has he not learnt anything from last season? 

Sorry, it's now time to realise that Bruce has peaked in his past and he's simply not up to the job of returning Villa to the top flight.

The owners need to work hard now at finding someone to replace him ASAP. However, the new guy needs to be able to get an attacking lineup to score lots of goals because that back five is going to concede at least one goal per game. 

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Bruce: “I can understand their frustration. It was only two weeks ago they were saying it’s the best we’ve seen Aston Villa playing for years. We will get better the longer it goes. I’m convinced at that.”

Good point Steve. One good game playing decent football that appears to be a complete fluke and you can bank that for another 12 months in charge. We will get better than a 4-1 loss to Sheff Utd the longer it goes? I'm so pleased with your positive outlook I can't wait for that day to come. So in the next game when we lose 3-1 you can say that we are getting better.

We have a PL squad and a League Two manager. Needs to go tonight.

Also given just how **** we were the season we went down, 11 people off the terraces and a couple of jumpers for goalposts would have been an improvement.  Plus a better turd is still a turd.  And also isn't he slightly missing the irony of the fact that he has been in charge for a lot of that time now?  The other day they were saying that we were less **** than we have been at any point I have been in charge.....

• Like 1

Â