Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It's a continuous cycle with bruce. High a bit of form things looking good then we have a 5 game implosion that costs massively.  Rinse and repeat and here we are again. Wont be suprised if we win the next 5-6 then go lose the following 4. This will never get us up.

I thought this would have been the end if this cycle this year but this is the third season its happened. I am convinced now bruce wont be taking us up.

Best he does the decent thing and resign and let a another person have a try.

The football isnt good

The players are under performing

Defensively we have been absolutely diabolical. 

Time to go Steve

I couldn't have wrapped it up better.

• Thanks 1

Oh another point, performances have been poor so what does Bruce do today? Randomly pick a 4-4-1-1 formation out of the Steve Bruce tactic lucky bag. Proper managers have a plan that they have confidence, conviction and trust in. Bad managers change random things to try get lucky and hit on something that works. You don't know what you are doing Steve, never have.  

I've had a few hours to reflect on the result/performance today and I would still like a change of manager right now.   But and it's a very big but, I think one move could save Bruce.   He convinces the board this week to sign a centre half who is currently a free agent.  We all know who his preferred option is and if Terry came back, it would lift the players, fans and by the next game, we'd no doubt get behind the team again.   Terry, Caulker, Huth?  Any of these would do.   However, I would personally change Bruce now with someone who can at the very least organise us correctly and get the players to put their boots on.

Thanks for spoiling my weekend again Steve! 

Edited by ferguson1

28 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I said not so long ago, a few bad results and the picture changes considerably. I don't want Bruce sacked at all, but my disappointment with the last two results is considerable. Not just the results but the manner of them, linked with the less than overwhelming performances bar Brentford, it's not looking great for Bruce. 

I do feel as if the new owners will like their own man at some point and only blinding success from Bruce will keep him in the job long term. We've all seen it happen before haven't we? They bide their time until it's acceptable to pull the trigger.

When we we're initially taken over I felt the ambition might have been to obtain playoffs again, but signing Abraham and Bolasie speaks of an ambition to get automatic promotion. I do wonder what the owners truly think. 

Its like Liam Rosenoir said.....names on paper suggest big things, but lack of chemistry and cohesion will get you no where.......This team needs gelling and I don't see it coming.

He doesn't look a well man to me.....it seems that he is just hanging on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Oh another point, performances have been poor so what does Bruce do today? Randomly pick a 4-4-1-1 formation out of the Steve Bruce tactic lucky bag. Proper managers have a plan that they have confidence, conviction and trust in. Bad managers change random things to try get lucky and hit on something that works. You don't know what you are doing Steve, never have.  

Sure he tried back 3 all pre season and abandoned it opening game. Tactics Steve

Bruce's biggest problem is his small club mentality. He is most comfortable working with mediocre, hard working players at clubs where the expectations are not high. He likes to be the plucky underdog.

But we are one of the big teams in the division who need a big team manager who, when faced with the likes of Rotherham, tells his players he EXPECTS to win and win comfortably or he won't be happy. Not the retoric from Bruce telling us all that Rotherham is a tough team who are capable of causing us lots of problems and will be a difficult game. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Performances have been poor --> Answer: But we've won our first two games, it's points on the board that count. 
Performances against Ipswich & Yeovil were poor, we fell apart after an hour against Brentford and were lucky to get a draw --> Answer: But we're unbeaten.
Performance against Reading was poor and we are dropping points at home to sides we need to beat --> Answer: But Bruce is wheeling and dealing like 'Arry Twitchface.
Performance against Burton was poor --> Answer: It's only the league cup, it doesn't matter.
Performance against Sheffield United was diabolical --> Answer: ??? 

People need to see the wood for the trees, Since Bruce took over you can count on one hand the amount of times we have played well for 90 minutes, controlled a game and really looked like a team that belongs in the top two in this division. Despite having the finances that every other team could only dream of. He wasn't good enough for us when he got the job and he has shown he is not good enough for while he's been here. It's just a matter of time before he's sacked, the question is how much damage will he have done before he goes.  

He's been an absolutely devastating wrecking ball on this club. It'll take time to recover from which is the worst thing. All this BS about the togetherness he's brought is just that, Steve Bruce peddled BS. SB's BS.

He has done nothing positive here.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:Bruce's biggest problem is his small club mentality. He is most comfortable working with mediocre, hard working players at clubs where the expectations are not high. He likes to be the plucky underdog.

I agree with this. Bruce frequently trots out the same laboured ‘big club’ lines but he can’t walk the walk. He doesn’t exude ‘big club’. He’s a firefighter and, in that respect, his utility to us is over. Thanks but bye.

He thinks he’s deserving of a big club like ours because of his connections with United. The thing is, he was the gritty bit necessary for the flair players to work during his playing career. He could’ve found his way to the likes of Oldham if Fergie hadn’t have taken a liking to him. 

Remember this time last year roughly when we were on the shit run and the talk was he was for the chop if we lost at Barnsley. Beat them 4-0 and he got a reprieve. You just know what's gonna happen at ewood park if he doesn't get sacked before then.

He has always been poor and absolutely the wrong man to rebuild the coaching staff, team and the club.  There is no future in any of the foundations he has laid down, he hasn’t Intergrated the youth, he hasn’t developed a system or style, he has (as I have said numerous times) turned a MASSIVE club into Wigan/Hull.  We should have walked this league last year and the same this, instead he has undermined the current squad, ripped any foundations he had apart.

He is now an embarrassment and everything about the club looks clueless.  Pull the trigger now, no more time to waste.  I couldn’t care less about the press, all I care about is AVFC!

Find a manager with some desire and energy, not some washed up has been living on past glories

• Like 4

Â