Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Yes, i would......because that has touched a new level of demise.

that was a serious dereliction of duty.

TRO, we've had some battles. But we both want the same thing, a successful Villa. As much as I call for the head of the manager, it brings me no joy.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Can’t see it -he will wait to be fired and then blame  anyone and anything but himself 

Yep. Similar to his demise at Sunderland, hype up fans not backing him in the period before he is sacked and then fun with it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dick said:

TRO, we've had some battles. But we both want the same thing, a successful Villa. As much as I call for the head of the manager, it brings me no joy.

Neither me.....and i don't like changing managers on a regular basis....i believe in a bit of continuity.

but this has reached a new level......we need a change now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Tide has turned and he's going to go.

On that basis I don't see any reason for fans to be absolute dicks to other fans just because they held a different view.

people having digs on here and the only reason it isn't as bad as Twitter is because of the rules around swearing and abuse.

if you're calling other Villa fans names because of a difference in opinion you're an absolute word removed 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Neither me.....and i don't like changing managers on a regular basis....i believe in a bit of continuity.

but this has reached a new level......we need a change now.

It's sad, mate. Just makes me sad. 

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

According to WM he's blaming the players being injured...

if he can't get the fringe players firing he don't deserve to be here.

It's the cold hard point of it all - he does not have a first 11, yet a squad capable of a style of play that can in the least deliver a performance when key players are out of form or injured. Bruce is only as good as his best players. In-ef-fective. 

So

" Well look, we tried to sign a defender on deadline day but it didn't come off. We haven't had millions to spend.

(Looks sad)

Thought we had a bright start, but unfortunately we had a couple of individual errors that cost us.

(Looks down at his feet)

Same in the second half we started brightly but unfortunately we made another individual error that cost us.

Look, we have a lot of new players and unfortunately some of them are not up to the standard in this league yet.

I thought Big Mile had a triffic game. 

We have the international break to work on some things but I think we will be right up there if I can sign a couple more RB's in January"

Thanks Steve!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My dad (who has got to be the only Bruce fan on the planet) is insisting that "these things happen" and that Bruce just needs time to get the players playing together. Nothing will convince him that Bruce isn't the right man. God knows why. I think it's because his outlook on football is very much stuck in the 80s -  that's probably why he has a lot of fondness for Bruce.

Just now, CraigyAVFC1987 said:

Not sure if anyone listened to his post match interview on BBC wm just but to me he sounded like a defeated man , finishing off by saying "If there's a better man for the job then so be it"

Surprised he said 'if'

3 minutes ago, Dick said:

I've quoted this post because it exemplifies the fact that no matter what our prospective we all want the best for our club.

I just want this done and put behind us, so that we can look forward positively on a daily basis.

Our current situation is both damaging and untenable.

Onwards and upwards Villa!

• Like 1

Â