Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

17 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Usually Facebook has more love for him, not tonight..... Judging by Facebook and here, even his biggest supporters are out of love.

correct.

• Sad 1

Not much ground left to cover but one thing I haven’t seen mentioned is the change in formation.

Against Reading and again today we seem to have switched to a 4-4-1-1 with Grealish playing as a 10 rather than as a box to box where he had so much success last year. I get the reasoning but we’ve seen it so many times Grealish is a lot more effective playing slightly deeper where he can control the game and break the lines at will.

Add to that we only two in midfield and they got completely over run which quickly exposed our defence which little more than pathetic right now as we all know. 

Add to that Nyland is looking very very worrying. 

All equals the hiding that has been coming for some weeks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Michelsen said:

You’ll never convince me we weren’t excellent for long periods of that game, but I’ll arrive at the same conclusion as you regardless. 

We have absolutely no plan for how to attack teams and actually create chances through anything other than random moments of brilliance from our star players. Hit the channels and look for the cross seems to be the closest thing to it, but it doesn’t suit us and it’s easy to defend against. Our players seem completely incapable of anticipating their teammates’ movement, so much so that we often have two players either occupying or running into the same space. 

Once every leap year it all clicks and it looks great, but such performances are outliers, not in any way representative of Steve Bruce’s tenure as Villa manager. 

We need someone who’s both interested in and capable of actually coaching our players. Steve Bruce is either not interested or not capable, probably a bit of both, and that’s why he has to go. 

spot on.

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think Nyland isn’t helped by the fact that he hasn’t no defence in front of him. 

Many a keeper has a dodgy defence in front of them, makes them look good if anything, diving all over the place saving shots.

This guy couldn't save a pdf.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Many a keeper has a dodgy defence in front of them, makes them look good if anything, diving all over the place saving shots.

This guy couldn't save a pdf.

A dodgy defence yes, but no defence? ?

He sppears to be a good shot stopper but it’s hugely difficult to settle in when the defence is so poor, especially central defence. He would have pretty low confidence. I’m not saying he’s any good, but surely he’s hindered by what is, or isn’t, going on in front of him. 

Edited by DaveAV1

I said not so long ago, a few bad results and the picture changes considerably. I don't want Bruce sacked at all, but my disappointment with the last two results is considerable. Not just the results but the manner of them, linked with the less than overwhelming performances bar Brentford, it's not looking great for Bruce. 

I do feel as if the new owners will like their own man at some point and only blinding success from Bruce will keep him in the job long term. We've all seen it happen before haven't we? They bide their time until it's acceptable to pull the trigger.

When we we're initially taken over I felt the ambition might have been to obtain playoffs again, but signing Abraham and Bolasie speaks of an ambition to get automatic promotion. I do wonder what the owners truly think. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Not much ground left to cover but one thing I haven’t seen mentioned is the change in formation.

Against Reading and again today we seem to have switched to a 4-4-1-1 with Grealish playing as a 10 rather than as a box to box where he had so much success last year. I get the reasoning but we’ve seen it so many times Grealish is a lot more effective playing slightly deeper where he can control the game and break the lines at will.

Add to that we only two in midfield and they got completely over run which quickly exposed our defence which little more than pathetic right now as we all know. 

Agree I was puzzled by this.

Incredible that we only had Mcginn and Whelan in there. Elmo is no midfielder ( or winger) and Jack was floating elsewhere. Whelan was made to look pedestrian and Mcginn tried to do three jobs.

The ease with which our players get beat ...one on ones, is really concerning......and you change them and the next guy is just the same.

Its like there is no fight in them.

Performances have been poor --> Answer: But we've won our first two games, it's points on the board that count. 
Performances against Ipswich & Yeovil were poor, we fell apart after an hour against Brentford and were lucky to get a draw --> Answer: But we're unbeaten.
Performance against Reading was poor and we are dropping points at home to sides we need to beat --> Answer: But Bruce is wheeling and dealing like 'Arry Twitchface.
Performance against Burton was poor --> Answer: It's only the league cup, it doesn't matter.
Performance against Sheffield United was diabolical --> Answer: ??? 

People need to see the wood for the trees, Since Bruce took over you can count on one hand the amount of times we have played well for 90 minutes, controlled a game and really looked like a team that belongs in the top two in this division. Despite having the finances that every other team could only dream of. He wasn't good enough for us when he got the job and he has shown he is not good enough for while he's been here. It's just a matter of time before he's sacked, the question is how much damage will he have done before he goes.  

It's a continuous cycle with bruce. High a bit of form things looking good then we have a 5 game implosion that costs massively.  Rinse and repeat and here we are again. Wont be suprised if we win the next 5-6 then go lose the following 4. This will never get us up.

I thought this would have been the end if this cycle this year but this is the third season its happened. I am convinced now bruce wont be taking us up.

Best he does the decent thing and resign and let a another person have a try.

The football isnt good

The players are under performing

Defensively we have been absolutely diabolical. 

Time to go Steve

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, villaglint said:

It seems like we come up against the "Oliver Norwood " Show.

we do have a habit of making players look good.

Edited by TRO

Watching us under Bruce has just become such a chore. In fairness, most of the performances are terrible like today as such (although that really isn't anything to shout about given our resources) but we rarely ever dominate games. While we showed some good spirit last season for example, most of our wins were gritty slogs.

It'd just be nice to see us dominate teams now and then. One of the few benefits of being down in this league is that it should be relatively easy for us to do it here compared to in the PL, but under Bruce our whole approach is based around grinding out wins at home and grinding out draws away.

• Like 2

Â