Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Thank god we won't have any more of his terrible pre and post match press conferences where he shows how ill prepared he is,how little research he has done, how nothing is his fault, how the fans are wrong, how we are Underdogs and should be thankful not to be relegated, etc. 

• Thanks 1

He did a decent job of transforming us from no hopers into contenders. Unfortunately, he seemed to have lost the plot this season. It seems nobody had planned for not getting promoted, Bruce included. 

He and we have looked shell shocked for most of the season, his ideas didn't seem to make sense and were not working. 

• Like 3

I think the time for a change had come but the team that finished last season was one of best teams we have had for quite a while.

I think this cabbage references are in poor taste.If we are supposed to be a big club with an illustrious history then is wrong.If we hope to attract managers in good jobs eg Dean Smith ,Rodgers then I don't think this sort of thing does not do us any favours.

Bruce may have many faults but he retained his dignity something we should try to emulate.

• Like 1

Can we just correct one sentence I keep reading in the media; he was 90 minutes away from getting Villa promoted. 

No, he was 90 minutes away from papering over his deficiencies that he didn't get us up automatically with a squad that was vastly superior to 22 other clubs in the league that year. We should have been far better last season than we were.

If we're judging Bruce on this season alone then his sacking is quite premature. But we're not, he's been sacked because he has been far closer to 'thereabouts' than 'there' for his entire stint here.

You were right about one thing though, Bruce - this was the biggest club you'll ever manage.

• Like 3

So i just watched that "the debate" show on sky sports and they were talking about Bruce.

Bellamy and Sidwell said it was premature...

Both banging on about how he has 4 promotions under his belt.

Sidwell even said he hasn't had enough time.

Was 100+ games not enough?

Hilarious.

• Like 2

One thing I do find quite interesting is the wording of the official announcement and the tone it presents. It's made abundantly clear that, whilst the inevitable "good luck and thanks for the fish" element was in there, that there was absolutely no mutuality of decision.

There was no "Will be stepping down from the role", no "It is with regret...", no "Steve Bruce has decided...and the Board has accepted".

It's made it very clear he and everyone associated with him have been SACKED and that's on his CV now. I'd like to know why it went like that. Did he not get the option to depart gracefully? Did he spurn it, hence the perfunctory gratitude and the sting in the wording? Were the authors just being their customary charmless selves and this is the style of communication we will be getting accustomed to?

In the end I suspect letting Tommy go on loan without securing a replacement has cost him his job. It was the most bizarre of a series of strange decisions over the off season that have left us desperately short at the back and has arguably played a role in every single point we've dropped this season. 

Â