Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

18 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It speaks volumes about the intellect of people who think poor football/results justify abuse, doesn't it? They can't even get the right bloke.

Chris Hoy getting abuse after Chris Foy made a string of bad decisions springs to mind

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, MrDuck said:

Mental how many pundits can't grasp that just maybe Bruce isn't a magic promotion pass after all, and that he's done his best and failed.

Oh wait, we chased him out cos he's ex-Birmingham ?

The thing is, I'd say the fans that would be the most anti-SHA are those that make up a large percentage of the hardcore supporters and grown up in an around Birmingham, yet Bruce had their support until very recently and long after the more half-arsed fans like me had given up on him.  It's a load of nonsense that argument.

• Like 1

On 04/10/2018 at 13:33, Stevo985 said:

I don't think it's necessarily "mates".

It's just the easy answer. He's a good manager historically, particularly at this level.

If you didn't know much or anything about us this season you would just look at who the manager was and his record, look where we finished last season and probably come to the same conclusion.

But like is being mooted, its uninformed drivel.

Liam Rosenoir, probably has the most accurate resume of the situation.....he at least has watched every one of our games.

Should have a bright future that lad.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

All this thanks for stopping the rot is just bullshit rubbish now. Thanks to this dinosaur we've got another rot to stop. 

Wasted so much time giving this idiot the chance to build something  

He had stopped the rot initially, but you are right he has created another as he has sabotaged our defence.

• Like 2

Our defence situation is the equivalent of a war crime! 

How can a former defender preside over such a shambolic state of affairs at the back? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Our defence situation is the equivalent of a war crime! 

How can a former defender preside over such a shambolic state of affairs at the back? 

It's not just the defence that's shambolic - he left us deep in the do-do in lots of ways imo 

• Like 1

On 08/10/2018 at 08:36, Stevo985 said:

I think if he'd gone after the playoff final then he'd be remembered a lot more fondly. That was definitely the right time.

But you're right, the first couple of months of this season have undone a lot of work.

To be fair the upheaval in the summer can't have helped. But still.

In hindsight I absolutely agree.  But, you have to think the feeling was "we were so close, we keep jack, bring players in, on top of our less experienced players having gained a years experience, and we'll surely improve". 

In reality, the board (and in my opinion at the time) had to allow him to carry on, despite that he ultimately failed in his previous seasons objectives of going up.  It was a very precarious position, especially with us hours away from financial ruin - seemingly. 

We did the right thing, but alas, unfortunately (again) it hasn't worked out well for us (Villa). 

Just now, lapal_fan said:

In hindsight I absolutely agree.  But, you have to think the feeling was "we were so close, we keep jack, bring players in, on top of our less experienced players having gained a years experience, and we'll surely improve". 

In reality, the board (and in my opinion at the time) had to allow him to carry on, despite that he ultimately failed in his previous seasons objectives of going up.  It was a very precarious position, especially with us hours away from financial ruin - seemingly. 

We did the right thing, but alas, unfortunately (again) it hasn't worked out well for us (Villa). 

Yeah i think I agree.

At the time I said if we could keep the same squad together then I'd be happy for him to carry on. 

I only wanted him out because I thought it was pretty clear we wouldn't be able to.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah i think I agree.

At the time I said if we could keep the same squad together then I'd be happy for him to carry on. 

I only wanted him out because I thought it was pretty clear we wouldn't be able to.

And there in lies the ultimate proposition.  As a fan, it's fairly easy for us to say "yea, **** him off, he plays shit football, blah blah".

In reality, talking to him as a person in the boardroom, you'd probably have to say he talks a good game, identified where we went wrong, how it won't happen again with the right recruitment (lol @ CBs) and how close we came last year, and will do better this year.  

On that basis, I'm not sure I could have pushed him out, especially because of his previous achievements at.. y'know, a number of promotions :lol:  

Just now, lapal_fan said:

On that basis, I'm not sure I could have pushed him out, especially because of his previous achievements at.. y'know, a number of promotions :lol:  

jurassic-park-water-cup-giphy-my1g6.gif

• Haha 1

Â