Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

20 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Do we think this is the end of Steve Bruce the manager? An opportunity to focus full time on his career as an author perhaps?

I can't see him getting a job elsewhere. 

Eh?

Outside of VT, Bruce is still a very highly regarded manager at this level, rightly or wrongly.

Pretty much every club in the Championship would want him as manager if they sack theirs.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He might slide further down the leagues but a team in our position when he took over is always available in Championship

Might end up at Stoke or Norwich somebody like that

Brentford?

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

Do we think this is the end of Steve Bruce the manager? An opportunity to focus full time on his career as an author perhaps?

I can't see him getting a job elsewhere. 

i can see alan pardew getting a job elsewhere

Bruce will be fine, english football will always have a home for him, he was put in the conversation for next utd boss by some in the media last week, we dont seem to have a willingness to accept that fooball moves on and evolves, what he did 15 years ago is still held as relevant, the promotions stuff is more important than his failure at villa or his brand of football

1 hour ago, sne said:

Might want to take a little time of and enjoy that sweet sweet compensation money for a job half arsed done?

Yeah. Maybe a stay at the Savoy, or something relaxing.

• Haha 2

I wouldn't be surprised to see him increase his promotion tally in the next few years.It didn't work out in the end here, but he was close last season. There will be few season that have teams like wolves and fulham down here at the same time, with Cardiff the anomaly. He'll get someone like Derby or Forest up. 

On 09/10/2018 at 10:49, lapal_fan said:

In hindsight I absolutely agree.  But, you have to think the feeling was "we were so close, we keep jack, bring players in, on top of our less experienced players having gained a years experience, and we'll surely improve". 

In reality, the board (and in my opinion at the time) had to allow him to carry on, despite that he ultimately failed in his previous seasons objectives of going up.  It was a very precarious position, especially with us hours away from financial ruin - seemingly. 

We did the right thing, but alas, unfortunately (again) it hasn't worked out well for us (Villa). 

I'm afraid I don't agree - he should have gone the moment after the final whistle at Wembley had blown - two botched attempts to get us up - in my view did not afford him the right to stay in post - and hindsight has proven  this.

terrible manager in my view - the less said the better.

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see him increase his promotion tally in the next few years.

Kidderminster are currently doing quite well in the National League North. He could get them into the National League but I suggest they have him on a fixed one year contract so when he hits the glass ceiling of getting that promotion they can let him go in the close season.

12 hours ago, Dave J said:

I'm afraid I don't agree - he should have gone the moment after the final whistle at Wembley had blown - two botched attempts to get us up - in my view did not afford him the right to stay in post - and hindsight has proven  this.

terrible manager in my view - the less said the better.

Amazing insight. 

• Haha 1

Nah, I think he's probably close to being done. We were his peak big club, he knows it's all downhill now, and most championship clubs now are wisening up to that tactic, small clubs at this level like Rotherham might take him, but otherwise, any club with aspirations of promotion will avoid him

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

Nah, I think he's probably close to being done. We were his peak big club, he knows it's all downhill now, and most championship clubs now are wisening up to that tactic, small clubs at this level like Rotherham might take him, but otherwise, any club with aspirations of promotion will avoid him

That's the thing now, isn't it? His time here has brutally exposed him in a very high profile way.

He's had all the advantages of being at a club with world class facilities, a regular battalion of coaching and support staff - both at subordinate and co-operative level, huge financial clout to buy and loan his choice of players and time - real chronological time, not Brucetime.

And he failed so how many clubs can offer the same who will be willing to take the risk?

Worse still, he's shown his coaching skills and tactics aren't worth shit. So who will be will to entrust their aspirations to him. Who will believe he can work magic with limited funds when he has demonstrated a talent only for making pig's ears out of silk purses?

Â