Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Apparently Steve Bruce is “furious” and is blaming the fans for getting him sacked. The man is blind. Him and his pals consistently insult us and constantly bang on about his history at SHA being a big factor in any criticism he receives. Where the truth is, that is only a factor in his own head and he uses it as one of his many excuses. He actually turned on the fans before the majority turned on him. 

Considering what a poor fare he has served up, Steve Bruce has had incredible backing from a very loyal fan base. His pathetic and unprofessional media jibes, allied to his poor management,  means he’ll be missed by very few. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Yes but we're all normal people scrambling around in the real world for modest salaries, whilst this fat f**k has been in and around football for millenia both playing and as a manager. Think the pay off is closer to £1.5m; of course he was never going to resign, he knew he was gone, as did we; so Jurassic Pork thought he'd just start slagging off the fans, which is fair enough because ive been slagging him off too :). He's left the squad unbalanced, and has picked up a miserable return of points from the fixtures available. But he's gone now, and that my friends, is a good & happy day.

I'm sure if you were due a £1.5m payoff you'd just walk away :D

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

saunders on talksport this morning "they'll be there or there abouts" "who is better qualified than him" "they could have won the next 10 games you never know" ?‍♂️ he blamed modern football

even the villa "experts" don't watch us play

Oh good lord...Craig Bellamy on sky sports saying if Bruce was still in charge “I think they would of been there or there abouts” 

• Haha 2

I was in Paris yesterday. Got on the Eurostar yesterday afternoon, checked the forum whilst waiting to depart. Nope, still here. Bugger!

Got off at Ebbsfleet - he's gone. Wooo hooo!

I must make that journey more often ?

Bye bye Brucey. Onwards and Upwards Villa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

saunders on talksport this morning "they'll be there or there abouts" "who is better qualified than him" "they could have won the next 10 games you never know" ?‍♂️ he blamed modern football

even the villa "experts" don't watch us play

He's been vocally backing his buddy both after that horrid January 17 run and the dismal start of the 17/18 season and since.

Back then he claimed all we needed was another midfielder to sit in front of the defense to protect them.

Also fun to hear Sidwell talk about Villa lacking an identity and a way of playing, while at the same time saying Bruce was the best man for the job.

That SKY guy desperately trying to create reasons of why Bruce is blameless and Villa fans are unreasonable.

He could have won the next 10 games or he equally could have won zero of the next 10., it was time to go, we weren’t making any noticeable improvements. A change was definitely needed.

It just leaves a sour taste witnessing some of the personal attacks and bile spewed by so many billy big bollox keyboard warrior Villa fans lately.

I’m astounded at the level of support and glee for the throwing of a cabbage at the manager during the game, all jokes aside that’s absolute scum behaviour which no one deserves to be on the receiving end of least of all someone who was trying to do their best regardless of how poorly the team were performing.

• Like 1

Change was due, sadly for Bruce (and us) was overdue.

My like for the guy diminished over time after he rallied against the fans. There were several, much more nuanced ways of riding the unrest that was bubbling than how he began to manifest himself in the media. So I went from believing him to be a 'nice guy,' to something less so. As such, I can't sit here all dewy eyed and thank him for anything really. I can still count on the fingers of one standard human hand, the number of actual 'good' and 'positive' performances his Aston Villa played. How we were 2-0 up away at Barnsley at half time last season is beyond me for example. some big wins merely papered over the cracks. The rest of it, repetitive, tedium.

More than enough time and resource for a credible manager to deliver something more positive than the end game we got. Wembley was a much wasted opportunity. An expensive (for us) wasted opportunity.

Enjoy your time away from the game Steve. Was very sorry to hear of the familial losses earlier in the year and for a time, respected you for coming back so quickly. But football management at this club, was sadly beyond you.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

I was in Paris yesterday. Got on the Eurostar yesterday afternoon, checked the forum whilst waiting to depart. Nope, still here. Bugger!

Got off at Ebbsfleet - he's gone. Wooo hooo!

I must make that journey more often ?

Bye bye Brucey. Onwards and Upwards Villa.

:lol: How many times do you want our manager sacked? Please make alternative travel arrangements for the foreseeable, another period of stability but with results is needed now.

• Haha 1

Â