Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

I am going to eat more cabbage in future. I had no idea that it had such influential powers.

yes.....ask Popeye.....oh sorry, that was spinach.

ahggggggggggggggggggg.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

I lost my brother 2 years ago at the relatively young (for modern times) age of 52. I didn't use it as an excuse for f****** up my job and I would expect no sympathy from an employer for total under achievement. Yes it's sad but shit happens and life goes on!

First, sorry to hear about your brother. Re your post, it's not about keeping your job or being sacked - of course people get sacked for underperformance while they're grieving... that's life. My point is that this has come with a whole load of personal abuse which is out of line.

I can't fault the effort he put in, and I wonder if in the summer with the money problems he'd mentally resigned himself to leaving the club, but then the takeover happened and he was caught off guard.  He had to go though and was given every chance by NSWE to prove himself.  Hopefully he takes some time off and recover from the last year or so.

7 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

First, sorry to hear about your brother. Re your post, it's not about keeping your job or being sacked - of course people get sacked for underperformance while they're grieving... that's life. My point is that this has come with a whole load of personal abuse which is out of line.

Firstly thank you for your comment re my brother. It really hurt and still does. I think personal abuse towards Steve Bruce has been born out of sheer frustration and a belief that the owners, like the clueless ones before them, were not seeing the wood for the trees. I genuinely believe nobody truly means any of the abusive comments they have made and are now truly relieved the nightmare is over, at least until the next muppet is appointed (I hope it's not a muppet but Villa's track record over the last 6 or 7 years leans that way!).

• Like 2

Was behind Bruce up until about 2-3 weeks ago. Had to go after this current run of results and disjointed play.

Beginning to think our decent season last year was more down to Terry than Bruce. We were a mess before Terry arrived and a mess after he left!

Not sure who to go for... I do like Dean Smith though. 

• Like 1

Can’t see the new appointment taking long. Whole coaching set up sacked ergo new coaching team incoming with new manager. Usually sack manager then coaches stay on in interim and see if new guy wants any of them. Also interesting wording ‘....the recruitment process has already begun’....euphemism for ‘we already have our man lined up’. If not in stands for Sat then I expect appointment early next week. IMO. 

I like the guy but I can't thank him. Basically because he hasn't done anything except squander chances to push on. The football has been mostly abysmal, with rhe very rare exception that I believe was more down to players fancying it on a given day, and John Terrys leadership.

He's been paid lavishly and had lavish resources and uttery failed. I'm delighted he's gone. I hope he enjoys the rest of his life and I'd have a beer with him any day. But he's been terrible for Aston Villa.

• Like 3

Honestly didn't think this day would ever come, and now that it has, I actually feel a little sorry for him. It really should not have had to end like this. He should have been let go after the final, with his head held high. I don't particularly like the bloke, or even think he's all that likable, but I do give him credit for turning the tide when we were sinking bad. Thank you and goodbye Steve!

UTV.

It weren’t all bad, but we were starting to go backwards again. It was never going to be an easy job for him. Good luck with the future steve, and have a good rest. He won’t be short of job offers, in this league, anyway. 

The right decision has been made to remove Bruce as manager and we can hopefully make the right appointment to make the most of the talented squad of players we have.

Thanks Bruce but you had more than enough chances to prove you were the right man for the job.

Â