Next Villa Manager

Richard

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Oh, ok. I've just not read them. Best I've seen is that it might not work out when we're back in the PL.

To my mind that displays a level of arrogance I thought we would have banished by now. I do however understand that if you're happier than I am to take the risk of spending a few years rattling around in the Championship then someone like Wagner would be a better fit.

I am not against such a manager, I won't be against any manager. I want the quickest return to the Championship possible and I feel Bruce presents us with that over basically anyone realistically available. 

Premiership*, I hope. We're not dead and buried just yet.;)

* Premier League (I believe the other word is now a HD Ellis copyright).

Edited by brommy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Why would he ever take that

Why wouldn't he? He would be well paid and if he can get the results then he would get the job log term or a better job, the only way he would lose is if he was hopeless.

Offering Bruce a contract to the end of the season would be ridiculous and be an arrogant move by the club

We are in no position to be arrogant at the moment

Our only aim at this time should be getting back to the Premier League, anything beyond that can be worried about at the time. But if Bruce can get this team promoted this season he would have us playing some very good football to close the gap and maintain the form until the end of the season. In that case he should be given the chance to continue with the team in the Premier League.

• Like 2

I'll say this about Steve Bruce, he got some good performances out of average players. I mean, N'Zogbia was a good player for him and so was Heskey iirc. He should also be able to make that defence look more solid too. 

Bruce would be a solid appointment who would not take any shit from the squad. Taking a risk on someone like Warner could go the same way as Lambert who was great at one club and disastrous when he went elsewhere. Too much of a risk for me. Also can't see Dyche leaving Burnley now as he could get another PL job even if they get relegated.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Midfielder said:

One thing for sure is that Tony, if he don't like whats happening, has shown he will change. So any Bruce haters, if the worse does actually happen then no need to worry as he would suffer the same fate as RDM. personally I thinkif It is Bruce, he wont be anywhere near his p45 after 10/11 league games.

I am certain that like RDM he will have targets set and if he is failing to meet them like RDM he will be out. So I agree I don't see that we need to worry how he will perform once we get up.... If he doesn't perform he will be gone. 

It's easier to get in a top manager when you are in the PL especially of the Chairman has already proven (as I hope Tony will when we get there) that he will provide substantial funds to support his manager. 

Also not worried about the players he has signed I the past,  it will be up to the recruitment team to work alongside him on that.