Next Villa Manager

Richard

Should rdm be rightly dismissed from the role who would you pick and why? 

Personally I'd go for Rowett as he has shown a capability of building and motivating a team to compete in this league with far less resources. I think he would relish the opportunity of working with far superior players and would have us competing pretty quickly. He has shown he can work with a basket case club under difficult circumstances and he would be highly motivated to do well for us

It really shows the depths football and Villa have sunk too when people start calling for Fat Sam not even 24 hours after he resigns in shame.

Rowett is a man on the up but still a gamble, Bruce is uninspiring but a pair of safe hands. I'd be okay with either.

• Like 4

Sadly I don't think it will be Bruce or Big Sam. I think we will go with a head coach style of appointment - might even be an overseas manager.

Hope Im wrong - but we are still on this 'structure' kick. I think the time for messing is done - appoint a robust manager - and let him put the structures in place. Sadly I fear that won't happen. 

Steve Bruce, Mick McCarthy, Neil Warnock (dislike him but he has a great record in this league)

I wouldn't like Sam and I would find it hard to get behind Gary Rowett if I'm honest.

1 minute ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

I think Xia would be more likely to go after a name than gambling with an up and coming lower division manager. He's in a tough spot.

I think he'll stick with RDM for the whole season. 

I think there will come a point where he has to sack him. He not just going to let us slide out of the division 'lerner style' - I don't see any upturn in results on the horizon.