Next Villa Manager

Richard

44 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I hope he can stiffen us back up for the last 5 minutes and we will all have a happy ending. 

He's the man to get us up. 

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The Ian Atkins thing suggests it's definitely Bruce doesn't it?

I believe he worked for Bruce at Sunderland, there is also the connection with Round and Wyness from Everton. All makes sense

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Bruce has got an almost unparalleled record of polishing turds.  In our current position he's exactly what we need.

For a substance to be an effective turd polish, it must contain an abrasive agent.

I'm going for a gamble here. I reckon they're looking at Moyes. Had Round working alongside him at Everton. Wyness was above him at boardroom level and, didn't Phil Neville both play for him at Everton and work alongside him as a coach at Man Utd? 

I know that's a bit mental at this stage but Moyes might look at Sunderland going in only one direction and maybe he would think (if wanted and approached of course) that Villa will be a long term project that he can stuck into, with the knowledge of funding when back in the PL? 

All supposition but wouldn't be beyond the realms of the impossible when you look at who we have here with a connection already. 

Edited by villarocker

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Fist face spoke highly of the club and looks desperate for it despite our problems that's a good start in my eyes

Absolutely.

When i look at guys like Lee Johnson, David Wagner, Rowett etc, with all due respect to sides they manage, they should all be crawling through broken glass to throw their hats into the ring for the Villa gig. If they are put off by the size of the task then I wouldn't want them anyway. 

7 hours ago, Xela said:

I don't think we're in a position for anything else at the minute

People cream about Wagner but there is no way he would be given the time to change the culture at the club. We need instant results. Is Bruce that man? Who knows, but he has a track record of delivering and would be the sensible choice IMO

Equally, Wagner changed 13 players.....we are not going to give him the latitude to do that again....we have just done it twice.

How do we know he could do the same job with us as he has at Huddersfield.its not nailed on.....but then nothing is.

Bruce is the least risk IMO..... I am done with risk.

• Like 3

I feel like all managers we should be offered should be the MON contract, i.e. one year rolling, to keep costs of sacking off as low as possible. Only when proven in role should a lengthier contract be considered.

• Like 1