Next Villa Manager

Richard

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Dr X following Phil Neville on Twitter. Assistant? 

Maybe he's got something about him upstairs, and as a football pundit he has realised that Dr X's twitter is a great source of information when it comes to Villa. 

35 minutes ago, villarocker said:

I'm going for a gamble here. I reckon they're looking at Moyes. Had Round working alongside him at Everton. Wyness was above him at boardroom level and, didn't Phil Neville both play for him at Everton and work alongside him as a coach at Man Utd? 

I know that's a bit mental at this stage but Moyes might look at Sunderland going in only one direction and maybe he would think (if wanted and approached of course) that Villa will be a long term project that he can stuck into, with the knowledge of funding when back in the PL? 

All supposition but wouldn't be beyond the realms of the impossible when you look at who we have here with a connection already. 

No chance. The man is a busted flush, he is done. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Richard said:

If it really is him or dyche then it has to be dyche , not even close . Dyche is miles ahead of Bruce in every way

Why is dyche miles ahead in every way ? Interesting view point - he doesn't have as many promotions, hasn't survived in the premier league once and watching Burnley play football is as painful as watching hull play...

22 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Plot twist: The chuckle brothers are coming in as a management team with Tony set to snubb Bruce in favour of the more recognised Gary Neville. 

Given how shit our full backs are I'd probably start Gary and Phil if they took over!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Dale said:

I feel like all managers we should be offered should be the MON contract, i.e. one year rolling, to keep costs of sacking off as low as possible. Only when proven in role should a lengthier contract be considered.

Fat lot of good that contract did considering he apparently got a 5M pound settlement.

35 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Plot twist: The chuckle brothers are coming in as a management team with Tony set to snubb Bruce in favour of the more recognised Gary Neville. 

If thats what we are down to we might as well appoint Simon Cowell and bring a football version of the X Factor to town.

33 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I quite like the Neville brothers - I don't necessarily want them in charge of my football club, but I find them a likeable pair of individuals.

I do too

I also like Steve Bruce....heard he is a top bloke.....but there is no accounting for taste is there.

ps thats not my reason to be satisfied with his appointment if it happens.

• Like 1

Dunno why Neville as an assistant would be disappointing.  Assistants to me seem generally absolutely useless.  Whether its Wilkins,  Clarke,  Culverhouse or whoever,  if the manager is shit they make no difference.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Absolutely,

It smacks to me ,they have found/stumbled / on a winning formula and are not prepared to give it up.

as you intimate.....any manager worth his salt and confidence in his own ability, would jump at it.

its only become a poisoned chalice, because people have made it that way, through poor decisions and judgments.

This damn nonsense is reversible....its just finding the right person to do it.....someone will....that I have no doubt whatsoever.

I disagree. I think it's as clear as day that we're an absolute shambles. 

I can't see why any manager who has got something good already going would want to risk it for us. 

I think they are wise to leave us well alone atm.

With the current midfield I could see us in big trouble come Xmas.