Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

10 assists last year, one of the best wingers in the league last season but can't get a game now. This is what I was afraid of when we signed Elmo. You just knew Bruce would make him his first choice down that right hand side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

10 assists last year, one of the best wingers in the league last season but can't get a game now. This is what I was afraid of when we signed Elmo. You just knew Bruce would make him his first choice down that right hand side.

Albert wasn't really a regular last season either. 

Elmo did not put one single good cross into the box yesterday, despite having seemingly more than 10 attempts. Elmo will do more defensively, but that speaks to Bruce's negativity. If you show a bit of ambition you will win games like yesterday. I think Adomah would have been a fantastic option in the second half. He would have given Bristol a lot more to think about.

• Like 1

I prefer him to both Elmo and Snodgrass. 

Inevitably I'm going to be disappointed, and we're going to sell him to a rival team for whom he'll provide another dozen assists this year, because I like Aston Villa and Aston Villa don't like nice things. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Elmo did not put one single good cross into the box yesterday, despite having seemingly more than 10 attempts. Elmo will do more defensively, but that speaks to Bruce's negativity. If you show a bit of ambition you will win games like yesterday. I think Adomah would have been a fantastic option in the second half. He would have given Bristol a lot more to think about.

Former club syndrome as well

Think adomah workrate is really good

On 26 August 2017 at 13:10, HanoiVillan said:

I prefer him to both Elmo and Snodgrass. 

Inevitably I'm going to be disappointed, and we're going to sell him to a rival team for whom he'll provide another dozen assists this year, because I like Aston Villa and Aston Villa don't like nice things. 

He is unfortunately bottom of the 3 for me (obviously I'm going with previous good form for snodgrass)

As much as I love the story of having a real character of a player who worked his way up the leagues it can't help disguise the fact that he went missing so much last season. He also seemed to have such a bad attempts to success ratio with his crossing.

He had some great numbers statistically but I can't help wondering if that was due to the fact nearly all our attacking play went though him as there were no other options. I wonder how many extra goals we would have scored with a more consistent player in his stead?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If we're trying to beat teams then it should be Albert RW, Elmo RWB. 

I actually think Elmo is pretty good at crossing from deep, whereas he's unable to beat a man through skill (mostly).

Whereas Albert seems much more adept at trying to beat a man and cross from the byline. 

There's room for both of them. 

Alberts problem is that he's not quite fast enough, and he's inconsistent.  But he gets assists and goals at a decent rate, so you have to take the rough with the smooth.  

And who knows, he might be even better without Hutton "helping" him :lol:  

• Like 3

On 8/26/2017 at 17:50, thabucks said:

Can see Bruce selling him before the window closes if an offer comes in sadly. Then he can buy another one of his former players like Cattermole. 

Given that he's probably 3rd choice Right Midfielder now it makes sense to sell him if we can. 

Bruce version of stability - replace one of top assist makers in league (Adomah ) with Elmohamdy then replace Elomahamdy  in the same window !! That said its nice that he has essentially got 3 players who can play rb (Bree /Hutton/RDL) and 3 and RM but only one LB and no left footed winger at all ..( Snodgrass has said he wants to play RM so not counting him) 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, villan-scott said:

What makes this deal even better is not just the impact Adomah had last season, but the fact we have a sell on clause with Adama who is on the way out of Boro for a decent fee!

Do we?

I really hope we do.  

On 26/08/2017 at 09:07, AVTuco said:

Albert wasn't really a regular last season either. 

Only Hutton, Chester, and Baker started more so I would say he was a regular. Solid if somewhat frustrating player sometimes. Works hard.   Is it better to carry on with honest grafters like Albert or to go for quality loan signings who may or may not care that much about the club? I can't really see him getting the games now. Could be one of those going in January. 

Â