Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

I just don't think he's consistent enough

We need someone tearing it up at this level week in week out

We can't afford players to have "off" weekends if we expect to get promoted

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, sidcow said:

He had a great game 3 or 4 games ago, can't remember who against where he was unstoppable.

I cant remember who it was either but if it was at villa park i think youre referring to the game where he was up against a cb playing at lb. Which says far more about the other teams squad depth than it does about adomahs ability. 

Hes the most frustrating player to watch for me, so often hutton or someone on his side gets the ball and theres plenty of space to run into down the wing but he either tucks in to come closer to them, bringing his man with him, or just stays stationary like he expecting them to walk the ball to him. I just wish hed make a run. Even if he doesnt receive the ball he will stretch the opposition and create space for others. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Craigy1874 said:

Nice guy but very average footballer - won't take us where we need to be.

I think he's perfectly good for our current team but needs a bit of competition for his place. 

He's one of the first names on the team sheet each week, which on one hand is great but he could get complacent.

admittedly occasionally he has found it hard to get into matches. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I think he's perfectly good for our current team but needs a bit of competition for his place. 

He's one of the first names on the team sheet each week, which on one hand is great but he could get complacent.

admittedly occasionally he has found it hard to get into matches. 

I think he is good enough to escape this bout of replacements, however if all goes well with the new recruits January may be different IMO!

• Like 1

I like the fact he can find a Villa player with his crosses not sure we've had a winger since Young who can do that. 

I expected him to be a bit quicker and a bit more skilful so I can see why he isn't rated as a PL player. 

That said I think he's capable of getting us out of the division, just need someone to provide his kind of output on the other side. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, villaglint said:

I like the fact he can find a Villa player with his crosses not sure we've had a winger since Young who can do that. 

I expected him to be a bit quicker and a bit more skilful so I can see why he isn't rated as a PL player. 

That said I think he's capable of getting us out of the division, just need someone to provide his kind of output on the other side. 

If he found villa players regularly I would love him, unfortunately he only does that sporadically.

If he did that at pace he'd be in the prem!

47 minutes ago, Nigel said:

If he found villa players regularly I would love him, unfortunately he only does that sporadically.

If he did that at pace he'd be in the prem!

Well he's done it 10 times this season which makes him the equal second highest for assists in the league.

Granted though if he had more pace he'd be in Prem.

52 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Well he's done it 10 times this season which makes him the equal second highest for assists in the league.

Granted though if he had more pace he'd be in Prem.

Yeah when you look at his stats they do compare well with most in the division, however you know as well I as I do how infuriating he is at times. Consistency is his biggest weakness!

• Like 2

I like Adomah in an effort sense. I don't get the impression he is lazy, and he does try. He's had a 7/10 season I think. I am really surprised he's the second top assister in the league.

shouldnt be considered for moving on, I think having Green and Grealish (and gabby?) as potential wide players gives us options.

• 2 weeks later...

I said in the pre match Thread when the team was announced that we would need Adomah to play out of his skin and provide for Hogan if we were to have a chance. 

However Albert was once again anonymous. Quite bizarre how he refuses to take his man on. I really don't see it with him regardless of his stats. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I said in the pre match Thread when the team was announced that we would need Adomah to play out of his skin and provide for Hogan if we were to have a chance. 

However Albert was once again anonymous. Quite bizarre how he refuses to take his man on. I really don't see it with him regardless of his stats. 

Completely agree. Reminds me a bit of Scott Sinclair actually. He was quite prolific for us in terms of stats compared to the rest of the squad, yet he looked utter rubbish. We need out and out wingers on either side - players that aren't afraid of skipping past a fullback and whipping a ball in first time. Both Adomah and Grealish love to slow down play, eventually leading to a backwards pass. 

• Like 2

I know Knockaert is better than many so I don't want to be unfair, but it was remarkable the difference between the two players, particularly how often Knockaert tried to drive on, where Adomah turned back, also whenever Brighton got the ball Knock was on his bike whereas Adomah lurked by the full back.

Didnt watch Adomah much at Boro....is it him, or is it tactical ? Whichever he could do with watching today's game before he goes on his hols.

51 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

Completely agree. Reminds me a bit of Scott Sinclair actually. He was quite prolific for us in terms of stats compared to the rest of the squad, yet he looked utter rubbish. We need out and out wingers on either side - players that aren't afraid of skipping past a fullback and whipping a ball in first time. Both Adomah and Grealish love to slow down play, eventually leading to a backwards pass. 

Agree but again it's hard to know whether that's instruction or not....we know Bruce prefers less adventure. I'm not saying it IS tactical, just that we don't know.

• Like 1

Â