Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

3 hours ago, NottingVilla said:

£20 million is peanuts for a Premier League team these days I could easily see a scenario where a bottom half team bids that for him. He's better than all 'Boro strikers and Benteke imo

This post was going so well... Let down by the second from last word :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Plenty on here and elsewhere would rather we sold him on and build the team around Hogan which I find completely baffling.

Kodjia>Hogan all day long and by a considerable margin too.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Plenty on here and elsewhere would rather we sold him on and build the team around Hogan which I find completely baffling.

Did they say sell him? People have complained as I have about his all round play. I do still find it very frustrating to watch him but I don't think "plenty" have suggested that he should be sold. 

I think most people appreciate that he scores lots of goals but just can see how he is not the finished article because of his unwillingness to pass at opportune moments which would help the team overall.  But if he had that awareness coupled with 20 goals a season he would be at Chelsea or Citeh instead of here. 

• Like 2

For a fairly big lad the ability he has with the ball at his feet is just a joy to watch as well. There was a point today he was on the edge of our box surrounded by Norwich players, he somehow skilled his way past all of them and we were on the break again. I just think he's so fantastic.

Wouldn't sell him for anything, way too important. 

• Like 2

That was for me, his best performance for the club. Not just the goals, which were lovely, but his whole overall play. He defended, when needed, even adding a coolness and bringing the ball out from the back following a set piece. Held the ball up at times, beat his marker repeatedly. Brought others into play, put in a decent cross and worked hard.

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes he's a player that doesn't rely on other players to create chances for him to score. These players are like gold dust. I think he's a superb player.,

My sentiments too.

He harbours a sort of quiet swagger on the ball that spells danger.He moves like a thoroughbred and does remind me of Thierry Henry.

The lad has that intelligence too like Thierry.

I still think he has a lot more to offer and seems to be wallowing in the big atmosphere.

what I also like is, he seems he wants to play for us.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, TRO said:

He harbours a sort of quiet swagger on the ball that spells danger.He moves like a thoroughbred and does remind me of Thierry Henry.

The lad has that intelligence too like Thierry.

I still think he has a lot more to offer and seems to be wallowing in the big atmosphere.

what I also like is, he seems he wants to play for us.

Yep. Players like this are NOT easy to replace, no matter how much money you have in the bank, and barring him going on strike to force a move we need to hold on to him. 

• Like 2

20 goals is some feat for any player.. and considering nobody has done it since Withe.. is actually unusual for such a big club. However, Kodjia breaking it in the EFL rather than the Premier League.. does it really count? (obviously it does on the record books) but its against easier opposition. I would expect most our strikers over the years to have hit 20 in the EFL. Id love to see Kodjia in the premier league with us and with better players around him. Hope he stays. 

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

Did they say sell him? People have complained as I have about his all round play. I do still find it very frustrating to watch him but I don't think "plenty" have suggested that he should be sold. . 

Yes they did, I got in debate a few months ago in this thread with them

Why we would we sell at 20m considering we paid 15m for him? It would take a  of offer of 30m to sell and no premier league club is going to pay that for an unproven premier league striker.

I think he will stay for another year if we don't go up he will be gone.

• Like 3

No way will he leave villa. He knows he's at a big club and he also knows that next season we will possibly go up. At the moment the only clubs that would come in for him would be midtable/lower prem clubs and in all honesty I don't think that would interest him. Now if we fail to go up next season and he's scoring goals again then he might be off. Next season we will piss it.

I think our ambition will keep him here next season. He can grow with us!

I honestly think we are a better bet than the kinds of teams that will be interested in him come the summer!

8 hours ago, KSV said:

20 goals is some feat for any player.. and considering nobody has done it since Withe.. is actually unusual for such a big club. However, Kodjia breaking it in the EFL rather than the Premier League.. does it really count? (obviously it does on the record books) but its against easier opposition. I would expect most our strikers over the years to have hit 20 in the EFL. Id love to see Kodjia in the premier league with us and with better players around him. Hope he stays. 

It's "easier", but it definitely still counts.  The goals he's scoring include a lot of beauts, too - first goal yesterday most definitely included.

If he can work with Hogan (and the effort needs to come from both players), we've potentially got a decent Premier League strike force already in place and learning how each other plays.  That's pretty exciting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's "easier", but it definitely still counts.  The goals he's scoring include a lot of beauts, too - first goal yesterday most definitely included.

If he can work with Hogan (and the effort needs to come from both players), we've potentially got a decent Premier League strike force already in place and learning how each other plays.  That's pretty exciting.

Yeah, kinda how like Watford had Deeney and Igahlo all ready to go after playing together in the Championship. They took to the Premier League like a duck to water in their first season. 

• Like 2

Â