Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

No way will he leave villa. He knows he's at a big club and he also knows that next season we will possibly go up. At the moment the only clubs that would come in for him would be midtable/lower prem clubs and in all honesty I don't think that would interest him. Now if we fail to go up next season and he's scoring goals again then he might be off. Next season we will piss it.

The unfortunate truth is that all players will pick a mid table Premier League team, and probably a relegation candidate Premier League team over us. Not only would they be able to offer much more money than us but all footballers want to play in the PL. 

Of course the second they get into the PL, if they look the business they will soon start making noises about ambition to play in the Champions League. 

And as soon as they get to the 4th placed team and look the business in the Champions League they will start saying they have ambitions to win cups and trophies. 

And as soon as they win The Premier League they will start saying that it has always been their ambition to play for Barcelona. 

And when they are to old to play for Barcelona or even us they go to China and earn more money than the largest most successful clubs in the world can pay them. 

Then they retire. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

The unfortunate truth is that all players will pick a mid table Premier League team, and probably a relegation candidate Premier League team over us. Not only would they be able to offer much more money than us but all footballers want to play in the PL. 

Of course the second they get into the PL, if they look the business they will soon start making noises about ambition to play in the Champions League. 

And as soon as they get to the 4th placed team and look the business in the Champions League they will start saying they have ambitions to win cups and trophies. 

And as soon as they win The Premier League they will start saying that it has always been their ambition to play for Barcelona. 

And when they are to old to play for Barcelona or even us they go to China and earn more money than the largest most successful clubs in the world can pay them. 

Then they retire. 

True to a degree but do you honestly think if West Brom, stoke, or even Southampton came knocking he would want to go at the end of the season because I don't. Fail to go up next season then definitely but personally I think he would take his chances with us going up next season. What's he on at the moment money wise?

He's still fairly inexperienced for his age but is growing in stature all the time. He'll be some player next season 

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

True to a degree but do you honestly think if West Brom, stoke, or even Southampton came knocking he would want to go at the end of the season because I don't.

We won't know until it happens, but he'd be gone before any of their fans have figured out how to spell his name, IMO. He's not a brummy. We're not his club. He's spent years at this level, he'll be off in a flash if someone tells him he'll be starting games in the Premier League, and I wouldn't blame him. He doesn't owe us a thing.

He'll be 28 towards the start of next season, he's not going to get many more oppurtunities to play in the top tier.

Edited by Davkaus

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

We won't know until it happens, but he'd be gone before any of their fans have figured out how to spell his name, IMO. He's not a brummy. We're not his club. He's spent years at this level, he'll be off in a flash if someone tells him he'll be starting games in the Premier League, and I wouldn't blame him. He doesn't owe us a thing.

It's only his 2nd Year at this level

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

36 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He'll be 28 towards the start of next season, he's not going to get many more oppurtunities to play in the top tier.

Maybe I'm being naive but I think he will stay with us for next season.

On 01/04/2017 at 18:36, Tommo_b said:

He won't be going anywhere, think he loves it here. 

Maybe he comes from the Mourinho school of love the club that you're presently at....

9 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

No way will he leave villa. He knows he's at a big club and he also knows that next season we will possibly go up. At the moment the only clubs that would come in for him would be midtable/lower prem clubs and in all honesty I don't think that would interest him. Now if we fail to go up next season and he's scoring goals again then he might be off. Next season we will piss it.

If he was 22/23 and still finding his way in the game, I'd say you may be right.

There would be a strong argument to round off the edges and give us another season.  Then either go up (with us) or make the move to the top flight with someone else. 

As it is, he's 27 -28 in the early part of next season- and having came into the game late, can't really afford to waste a season. 

He had a choice of Hull or us last summer, and if that is the only choice he gets again, I'd feel pretty confident he would chose us over them.  But a Southampton, Stoke or even Newcastle would be a different story. 

2 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

If he was 22/23 and still finding his way in the game, I'd say you may be right.

There would be a strong argument to round off the edges and give us another season.  Then either go up (with us) or make the move to the top flight with someone else. 

As it is, he's 27 -28 in the early part of next season- and having came into the game late, can't really afford to waste a season. 

He had a choice of Hull or us last summer, and if that is the only choice he gets again, I'd feel pretty confident he would chose us over them.  But a Southampton, Stoke or even Newcastle would be a different story. 

Hope you're wrong.

He won't be leaving us unless an outrageous offer comes in IMO. 

He's got 3 years left on his deal, this club is a very good fit for him and I don't think he'd throw his toys out of the pram unless a reasonably side came in for him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

He won't be leaving us unless an outrageous offer comes in IMO. 

He's got 3 years left on his deal, this club is a very good fit for him and I don't think he'd throw his toys out of the pram unless a reasonably side came in for him.

Yes, I'm not particularly worried about him leaving next season, just do not see a credible club matching our valuation, which will probably be more than £22m. Yes there's more money in the game, but Premier League clubs still aren't dropping > £20m on a single player with regularity outside of a select few, and those 'few' are going to be looking at higher quality players with top level experience. 

The only other possibility is a Chinese team, it can happen, and they'd make him very rich, so then it's down to his footballing ambition. 

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yes, I'm not particularly worried about him leaving next season, just do not see a credible club matching our valuation, which will probably be more than £22m. Yes there's more money in the game, but Premier League clubs still aren't dropping > £20m on a single player with regularity outside of a select few, and those 'few' are going to be looking at higher quality players with top level experience. 

The only other possibility is a Chinese team, it can happen, and they'd make him very rich, so then it's down to his footballing ambition. 

Personally I'd say his value would be closer to 30m than 20!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Outrageous, he has never played in the top flight, talk about getting carried away.

It's his value to us that's important. He could easily be the difference between us getting promoted or not so i'd say 30 million plus is fair from our perspective.

• Like 4

Â