Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

It certainly makes a nice change to have difficulty deciding who is player of the season, quite a few canditates this season, unlike previous seasons.......where an empty crisp bag or a pigeon were the only two to vote for...

All the best

Del

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Most consistent performer outside of Kodjia, for me.

Chester has been solid overall but made far too many crucial mistakes in games.

Oh, sorry, I genuinely thought you were joking.

Hutton's had a good season and I think he looks as confident as he ever has in a Villa shirt. 
But he falls someway short of the quality shown by some other players.

I'd put Kodjia, Chester, Jedinak and Baker all ahead of Hutton.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Oh, sorry, I genuinely thought you were joking.

Hutton's had a good season and I think he looks as confident as he ever has in a Villa shirt. 
But he falls someway short of the quality shown by some other players.

I'd put Kodjia, Chester, Jedinak and Baker all ahead of Hutton.

Well, I was semi-joking.   As I say, Chester has made so many blunders that he just can't seriously be considered POTY.  Hutton isn't as good, but has been pretty consistent.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Well needless to say I totally disagree. I don't remember many, if any "blunders" from Chester. And whatever you class as a blunder I guarantee Hutton made as many in the first half of the season.

They've both done well. Chester is head and shoulders the better performer though.

Straight from the top of my head I can remember 3 - all of which directly lead to the opposition scoring.  First goal against Brentford he rushes out of defence, player runs into the gap and scores.  Same game he attacks a ball that Baker is already going for, ball falls to striker 6 yards out - scores.  Forest's winner he does exactly the same thing and attacks a ball that Baker is going for, Brereton is then unmarked and scores.  All Chester errors which = goal.  I cannot remember any Hutton error that lead directly to a goal, even though he's undoubtedly made mistakes.

Back on topic, Kodjia is definitely Player Of The Year :wub:

6 hours ago, carewjust4u said:

To be honest I think Jedinak is our player of the season, he is our most important player. 

Its always a difficult one this

as an example......is Aguero more important than Kompany?

I think its difficult to argue against Kodjia......but I would say Jedinak and Chester have been hugely influential players on our results.

Edited by TRO

7 hours ago, delboy54 said:

It certainly makes a nice change to have difficulty deciding who is player of the season,

Difficulty? We have one POTS and his name is in the thread title. If I found out anyone has voted for Alan **** Hutton i've going to give them a cyber slap!

Edited by NottingVilla
  • Like 1

Just reading back through the start of this thread (to read some  hilarious comments about this signing) and what caught my eye was how happy Bristol were with the money and thought they had pulled our trousers down. I bet any money, they would rather have kodjia than a healthy bank balance because he would've scored the goals to keep them away from a battle. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but some of the comments were ridiculous in this thread. When can be arsed, I'll go back through some other threads and have a look.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If you want blunders just look at the two clowns we've had in goal this season. Chester may have made a couple of mistakes but certainly no major blunders, he has been excellent this season. 

I've just named 3 major blunders! They've all directly = goal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Just reading back through the start of this thread (to read some  hilarious comments about this signing) and what caught my eye was how happy Bristol were with the money and thought they had pulled our trousers down. I bet any money, they would rather have kodjia than a healthy bank balance because he would've scored the goals to keep them away from a battle. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but some of the comments were ridiculous in this thread. When can be arsed, I'll go back through some other threads and have a look.

TBF to Bristol they have somebody who has scored even more goals than Kodjia

Didn't he score a ridiculous amount of goals at the start of the season? And now he's finding form/scoring a lot more difficult? Which pretty much coincides with Bristol city heading down the table? Give them the far more consistent (over the course of a season) scorer kodjia and I think they would take it.

Â