Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

Benteke played in a far less creative team and he scored goals that he created himself - he was absolutely class when he played for us.

Kodjia's a really good goalscorer but he's in a good team at this level and we're creating more than we have done since the MON days.

• Like 1

Kodjia is fantastic for us at this level, but not one tenth of the quality Benteke was in his pomp for us. Benteke was a machine, as pointed out above, scored lots of goals in a succession of shit teams under shit managers. He also did it against the top clubs in the league. 

• Like 3

Well his dream move and chance at one of the world's biggest clubs failed - that'd be tough to take for anyone and it'll be a while before his confidence is back and he's on form again. Some guys never really recover. 

He's a superb player. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

He was on another level today. Absolutely class. 

I think he is on another level and he is getting better as he settles.....That goal against Russia was special......ordinary players don't score them.

The problem is the fans need to come to terms with the style he is and embrace it.....He is essentially a Lone Wolf.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

Kodjia obviously not as good as Aston Villa Benteke but you could put him up against Palace Benteke....although he did score a brilliant goal vs Chelsea today.  

I think in some aspects of his game.....some aspects......He is better.

Edited by TRO

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think he'll give us one more season, but we're on borrowed time with him. He's the real deal. 

If we go up next season every chance we will keep him .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Imo when benteke is playing at the top of his game he could play in any league in the world and score goals. Superb player but it kind of went downhill after leaving villa. 

I think that is a significant part of his appraisal......at Liverpool he hardly moved, such was Klopps frustration.

Kodjia Is now our player and Benteke is not any more, happy memories yes.

Its difficult to make a direct comparison.....but I am happy with our guy.

• Like 3

When him and Adomah start to understand each other they'll be devastating together. So many crossed wires in dangerous areas at the moment.

Kodjia though. Wow. That finish today was top drawer. I thought he'd stuffed it up when he turned back inside on his left but then he fired it into the top left hand corner like there was never any doubt.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Absolutely barking. 

That's not to say I don't like Hogan but bit risky he's picking up injuries. He's also the type who needs players to create for him.

What I love about Kodjia and indeed all my favourite other Villa strikers like Yorke and Benteke was they could create goals for themselves out of nothing and didn't have to rely on players to roll the ball along the six yard box like Bent needed.

Madness to sell this summer unless we get a stupid bid from China.

• Like 2

Â