Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

apparently no club has gone longer in the football league without a 20 goal a season striker than us. Wonder can he break it

Last player to score MORE than 20 league goals ??  Andy Gray 40 YRS AGO !!!

How about " Not For Sale"? Since I personally wouldn't see a cent for whatever profit he is sold for, I would rather Villa focus on the winning football games business, rather than the flesh trade.

Hasn't it been painfully obvious from the past 6 or 7 seasons that selling our best players, regardless of how much for, sends us backwards?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, villarocker said:

Our player of the season by a distance. 

It's funny because there is a chap who sits behind me who seems to dislike Kodjia. He said at the game Saturday.

"Definitely should be Alan Hutton for player of the season but I bet all the idiots will give it to Kodjia" literally 1 minute later Kodjia stuck it in the top corner. 

What is pleasing is there is a number of candidates this season. I think Jedinak has been pivotal aswell but maybe not as consistent as Chester and Kodjia. Also Baker has had a cracking season. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, picicata said:

It's his value to us that's important. He could easily be the difference between us getting promoted or not so i'd say 30 million plus is fair from our perspective.

I agree, but objectively he's worth no where near that. If that is our valuation of him, then he's going no where next season, which is of course a good thing. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes so we would now have scored 24 goals without him. by far the lowest amount in the division

Well no that's flawed logic.  If he wasn't playing, we wouldn't be playing with ten men, and his replacement would probably have more than zero goals.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Well no that's flawed logic.  If he wasn't playing, we wouldn't be playing with ten men, and his replacement would probably have more than zero goals.

How many goals did we score when he was playing in the AFCON? I would go as far as saying that him going to play in that cost us our chance of making the playoffs.

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, BOF said:

Not if it was Gabby.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Not if it was Gabby.

Which it wouldn't be for the 31 appearances Kodjia has made if the striker had zero goals.  The logic is flawed.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Which it wouldn't be for the 31 appearances Kodjia has made if the striker had zero goals.  The logic is flawed.

I know...I was joking.  Even Gabby would have maybe scored one or two.  Possibly.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Lol good one ;) 

Most consistent performer outside of Kodjia, for me.

Chester has been solid overall but made far too many crucial mistakes in games.

• Like 1

Â