Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

4 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Last player to score 20 league goals in their first season was Peter Withe in 80/81

Last player to score 20 goals in all competitions in their first season was Simon Stainrod in 85/6

c53e19770a12e34e4df8826552f243ec.jpg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Last player to score 20 league goals in their first season was Peter Withe in 80/81

Last player to score 20 goals in all competitions in their first season was Simon Stainrod in 85/6

Benteke surely was the second?

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You guys read the question, right? ;)

Andy Gray?

Yes, I did!  Seems to deviate from "20 league goals" to "20 season goals in their first season at the club".

Hence, Benteke.  (At least I think he did?)

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Surprise stainrod scored so many as from what I remember he was shit - probably bagged a few of the 12 we scored against Exeter in the cup .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Benteke got 19 league goals in his first campaign 

19 out of 38 is pretty good considering the team he was in. 20 from 46 would be good from Kodjia if he can get there, and he should.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, sne said:

Anyone been able to find a stat on how many game winning goals he has for us this season?

Must be a few since he's scored almost 50% of our goals this season.

Assuming you mean the goal that won us the game in hindsight (the first in a 2-0 win, for example) then he has 8.

Fulham H, Blackburn H, Cardiff H, QPR A, Bristol City H, Norwich H, Sheff Wed H, QPR H. 

As the above also suggests, he scores a lot more at home (14) than away (4).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

what does he have to do to win a free kick for holding?

There was an incident last night where he almost had his shirt pulled off, the hem was up under his armpit. 

Ref didn't give it. Why would he.

6 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Look a the look of steely determination in those eyes. 

e659944b6b318ec8c19f8c8e93fa5e53.jpg

4 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I had to google Simon Stainrod, never heard of him.

4 goals on his debut. Boom!

Any back to King Kodj. I love him! I genuinely think he will score every time he plays. Cracking signing. Well done RDM

• Like 2

With six games left, the way he's playing at the moment I think he'll get another four. He's absolutely brim full of confidence and the rest of the team seem vey happy to let him do his thing. He seems a popular fella with the rest of the squad.

Â