Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

• 2 weeks later...

Being linked to a move to Qatari team Al-Gharafa whose transfer deadline is next Tuesday ... surely not an option given our limited resources but at 29 and if offered a hefty fee should we turn it down if it’s not just interweb bollox?!

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Being linked to a move to Qatari team Al-Gharafa whose transfer deadline is next Tuesday ... surely not an option given our limited resources but at 29 and if offered a hefty fee should we turn it down if it’s not just interweb bollox?!

If he is out for another three weeks. Then I'd see if we could get the deal done. Because it means we'd have Davis as our backup for 2 months but if we get another say 7-15mil which we could spend on a winger I'd be very happy. 

Take any money we can get and run.

Even if it's just a little and him off the wage bill.

He's not offering much as it is and while it leaves us weak(er) until January it's not by much since he hardly features anyway.

Archer can take his spot on the bench/ in the stands.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

He's not offering much because he's injured, before that Smith said he was going to be a very important player for us, there's no way we should be selling the player that had the best goals to minutes ratio besides Abraham for us last season. It's not as if the attakers we signed in the summer are scoring goals for us so we can afford to just let him go, to lose him and Abraham with only Wesley coming in would be incredibly foolish. Plus him fracturing his cheekbone was two weeks ago now, so should only be out for one more week.

Just now, wilko154 said:

I think that's based on the mask he's wearing from his fractured cheekbone rather than his superior football skills 😂

Not sure why he was wearing the Cape and underpants outside his shorts as well mind. 

• Haha 2

Wouldn't mind seeing Kodjia in the Premier League. He likes to take it to the opposition and doesn't mind being the focal point of an attack.

I'm just not sure he has the technical ability and finesse to get by the defenders at this level, and even if he did, the technique to finish.

Certainly possesses the audacity and ambition in his play though.

I think he will do a good job, for the time being would be better than Wesley. Its isn’t easy to get the ball from him. He creates goals from nothing.

While he isn’t the best lone striker, but its hardly working with Wesley either.

I’m not writing Wesley off yet, but I think that Kodjia will give us a different dimension. We need him back as soon as possible.

2 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Kodjia in the Premier League. He likes to take it to the opposition and doesn't mind being the focal point of an attack.

I'm just not sure he has the technical ability and finesse to get by the defenders at this level, and even if he did, the technique to finish.

Certainly possesses the audacity and ambition in his play though.

I'd say in the last 5 years or so he probably fits that bill better than anyone at this club, they are actually his strengths - its other areas of his play where he fails

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Junxs said:

I'd say in the last 5 years or so he probably fits that bill better than anyone at this club, they are actually his strengths - its other areas of his play where he fails

That's why I mention them. The Premier League is a better standard than the championship though, so I'd be intrigued to see if he makes the step up.

You feel me?

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Hah. The VT way. Players getting better by not playing. Like NRC all over again. 

I use to say the same, its not a new thing by me. It's just that Abraham was better than him, otherwise I'd have played him last season.

He definitely adds other dimension to the team than Davis or Wesley.

NRC had an ok season 2010-2011. I've seen couple of good games from him.

Yes I wanted an upgrade on Kodjia, but from what we've seen from him, I think he'd cope easier with this league, and he always been an ok option. 

It's not that we're firing it upfront to not try something new.

• Like 1

He's been one of our best players over the last three or four years when fit, it's not as if he's being mythologized just because he's not in the team, only thing that's let him down is injuries, but when fit and in the side he scores goals, even if he has his faults sometimes. Hopefully we sign better in January, but as it stands I'd back him to score just as many goals as anyone else in our squad.

He’s not been the same player since his injuries and time out of the game, he’s looked markedly slower in all aspects.

In his first season with us he would make goals out of nothing, he had a yard of pace to beat a man, I’ve not seen it at all in the last two years though really.

I’d cash in if we had the chance.

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He’s not been the same player since his injuries and time out of the game, he’s looked markedly slower in all aspects.

In his first season with us he would make goals out of nothing, he had a yard of pace to beat a man, I’ve not seen it at all in the last two years though really.

I’d cash in if we had the chance.

I agree on all of this except the last line - best analysis of Kodj I’ve seen on here.

However, I’d like a replacement lined up if we are to move Kodj on. I don’t think Davis is ready yet and big Wes is going to break down at some point.

Â