Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Agree. Benefit of the doubt.  Although he probably should have been substituted if injured. 

To play who?

i think it depends on the extent of the injury, maybe it was just sufficient to take away his edge.

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Anyone. Play a player out of position if had to. Kodjia was non existent. 

I must admit, i was and still am hoping for a No9 with physicality.

I know they have to have many other things, but without physicality, they get too easily negated.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think people underestimate Keinans ability on the ball. I think he has very decent close control and technical ability. 

I agree. Keinan has a rare ability to hold off a defender's attentions, bring a goal-kick / clearance under his spell and lay it off perfectly (remember how Benteke used to control a crazy number of hoofed clearances on his chest and do the same?). It is at that point – once he has laid it off to a team-mate – that I would love to see some real devil in him. Turn... make the run... get in the box... knock over anyone who gets in your way... tell yourself "I started this move and I'm gonna bloody well finish it." Hopefully that will come.

• Like 2

I rate Keinan too. Apart from the initial run in the team, where he made a huge difference and helped really get our season going, he's suffered with injuries and not had many chances. He played excellently and was so close to scoring plenty of times and, sure, maybe has things to work on. But I think he has real potential.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

I rate Keinan too. Apart from the initial run in the team, where he made a huge difference and helped really get our season going, he's suffered with injuries and not had many chances. He played excellently and was so close to scoring plenty of times and, sure, maybe has things to work on. But I think he has real potential.

I still remember his chance at Preston, he had a great run although finished it badly but you could sense his ability. It was after we lost at Fulham, although we drew to Preston but we didn’t capitalize our 7 wins run.

He didn’t have a proper run after the one he had earlier the season.

I was quite interested to hear Dean Smith say that not only was Kodjia part of his plans, but that the club would not welcome any bids for him either.

Thats quite the statement of support from the head coach. I hope Kodjia takes his chance when he gets it.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

The fact that he’s not even in the squad and is at New Street implies to me that we might have a striker coming in in my opinion 

Smith said hes in light training so cant see us signing anyone now as we can only sign free transfers. Also think we would of had to register our premier league squad by now? 

13 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

The fact that he’s not even in the squad and is at New Street implies to me that we might have a striker coming in in my opinion 

Think they're getting the train and Kodj welcoming them in?

14 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Just seen Kodjia at New Street, had my photo taken with a couple of other fans, I think we might have a striker coming in

Why would you choose to have your photo taken with other fans when Kodjia was there, did he decline your request or something?

• Haha 2

Â