Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

1 hour ago, nazvfc said:

Use common sense? Half the bloody posters on here don't use it why should he be different. His opinion is just as valid as some experts on here. Don't care what the heck he says  as he backs the manager and makes us once again a force to be reckoned with he can spout as much shit as the next fan (including me).

Yeah, that's what I want, an owner with the same amount as sense as the majority of football supporters, letting their hearts very much cloud their heads. The main difference being he is responsible for our club and whilst we all represent it as fans and anything we do reflects on the club, this is true for him times a billion. That and he is in the public eye and we for the most part are not.

I see my middle ground comment was overlooked (this isn't just aimed at you by the way, Naz) whether intentionally to avoid dealing with the point or otherwise, though I don't know why so many people deal in absolutes. There's your nonsensical football fan thinking.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not saying I don't enjoy his passion or admire his ambitious nature. I do think he could rein it in a bit though. He doesn't need to be commenting on everything that goes on with the club. He's excited and eager, I get that, but he has responsibilities as our owner and now as a celebrity and over the coming years they are going to have to be managed. He's never experienced celebrity on this scale before and I just worry that he's going to make us look very foolish or worse.

He can back the club without making silly claims such as Villa become one of the top three clubs in the world in five years time. It's just not going to happen. Even if things did go exceedingly well, in five years we are not going to be as big as a Barcelona, Real Madrid, or Bayern Munich. Hell, we still won't be as big a name as Man Utd.

I'd love to be wrong on this one, but it ain't going to happen.

Edited by Ginko

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

Yeah, that's what I want, an owner with the same amount as sense as the majority of football supporters, letting their hearts very much cloud their heads. The main difference being he is responsible for our club and whilst we all represent it as fans and anything we do reflects on the club, this is true for him times a billion. That and he is in the public eye and we for the most part are not.

I see my middle ground comment was overlooked (this isn't just aimed at you by the way, Naz) whether intentionally to avoid dealing with the point or otherwise, though I don't know why so many people deal in absolutes. There's your nonsensical football fan thinking.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not saying I don't enjoy his passion or admire his ambitious nature. I do think he could rein it in a bit though. He doesn't need to be commenting on everything that goes on with the club. He's excited and eager, I get that, but he has responsibilities as our owner and now as a celebrity and over the coming years they are going to have to be managed. He's never experienced celebrity on this scale before and I just worry that he's going to make us look very foolish or worse.

He can back the club without making silly claims such as Villa become one of the top three clubs in the world in five years time. It's just not going to happen. Even if things did go exceedingly well, in five years we are not going to be as big as a Barcelona, Real Madrid, or Bayern Munich. Hell, we still won't be as big a name as Man Utd.

I'd love to be wrong on this one, but it ain't going to happen.

So very many words written over something so utterly meaningless.

tl;dr

On 7/9/2016 at 01:02, HanoiVillan said:

Don't have much of an opinion on our new signing, but I like the look of your kitchen. Very modern. 

If 'm not mistaken, that's a Dualit jug kettle. I've just bought one with the plastic trimming in red. Very pleased with it, best kettle I've ever owned.

Let's hope we're saying the same about Gollini in a year's time.

On 7/9/2016 at 07:59, Rodders said:

How charming.

Not everyone disliked Lerner's silence fwiw. He had many faults but not opening his gob all the time wasnt one of them. 

If he had made a total success of the club I would be inclined to agree....but with the monumental demise, I am inclined to think the silence was a major frustration to the fans.

10 hours ago, briny_ear said:

If 'm not mistaken, that's a Dualit jug kettle. I've just bought one with the plastic trimming in red. Very pleased with it, best kettle I've ever owned.

Let's hope we're saying the same about Gollini in a year's time.

If he's anything like a kettle, best or otherwise, I imagine that this whole forum will be at the boiling point.

• Like 1

The Birmingham Mail have done an interview with him, he's saying all the right things :wub:

It’s been a whirlwind few days but Pierluigi Gollini isn’t fazed.

In fact it’s this hectic lifestyle that actually gets him going.

On Friday he turned down Italian giants Juventus to join Aston Villa from relegated Hellas Verona.

Gollini has barely had time to think yet he answers every question I ask of him in depth and detail.

The 21-year-old is a rare breed. A footballer with a love for the game, an opinion he’s not afraid to share, and a genuine appreciation of where he is today.

“It doesn’t feel that long ago that I was diving around on the streets playing in goal for my home town,” he says.

“In fact not so long ago I wasn’t even a goalkeeper!”

This bright young man converted from a centre-half to a shot-stopper, aged 12.

More in the full article here:

Birmingham Mail

• Like 1

Â