Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

I love at the end of the article he thinks the Championship is a bigger draw because we play more games in a season.

Gollini truly is a rare breed of football player.

Fingers crossed this works out for us. He's saying all the right things and looks to have a fantastic attitude. He'll have plenty of scope to develop here and with our new goalkeeping coach he has the potential to be outstanding. I'm very excited by this prospect. How cool is it to have an Italian keeper for a change too! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TRO said:

That sounds like deja vu.

The key difference is that the 3 signings this time all have experience of where they'll be playing.  In Elphick's case extensively so.  So the unknowns are far less and there's more to be encouraged by.  IOW this time it's not guess work on our part.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BOF said:

The key difference is that the 3 signings this time all have experience of where they'll be playing.  In Elphick's case extensively so.  So the unknowns are far less and there's more to be encouraged by.  IOW this time it's not guess work on our part.

I agree with this. However, if last summer's signings were so poor, why is it that the majority of them, the much maligned foreign imports, are the players we want to keep.

Surely we must know by now that they were badly managed, and that the experienced players that were brought in, together with the dross already with us, were the problem.

I was excited last summer by Amavi, Ayew, Gueye, Traore and Veretout, and I am still excited by them.

Add to them the signings we have made so far, and Grealish, and we have the basis of a decent squad.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Ahem

Déjà vu

The accents may not matter to you but the French have laws about them.

I have diplomatic immunity. Sorry. :trollface:

• Like 1

Â