Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

30 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

Was it any worse than a forwards mis-hit strike though? other than it proved costly?

I think you just answered your own question there.

Shame for the lad as he was generally impressive so hope this doesn't dent his confidence.

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I think you just answered your own question there.

Shame for the lad as he was generally impressive so hope this doesn't dent his confidence.

Okay-It wasn't really meant to be a question.

I'll re-phrase it.  Outfield players all mis-hit balls and slice balls.  They are also expected to be more comfortable on the ball than keepers are. 

We see these mis hits by keepers every week-9 times out of 10 they go unpunished and are forgotten, just like the outfield players gaffs are. Today it went against us, in our favourite final 10 minute period as well.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Hutton really should have been closer to Forrestieri

Gollini had the ball. If Hutton is near Forestieri, then he's been lazy, because he should be looking to find space. It was just a fluke pinball that fell nicely for him.

Looked like Elphick got a head on the mis-kick but it bounced off a Weds player and fell kindly for them  .... When our luck turns those will bounce of the attacker and loop 70 yards up field into the back of the net for an own goal :)

He looks a good keeper kicking apart ...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villianusa said:

A big improvement on Guzan, but a Guzanesque error spoiled his day.'

I was only thinking earlier in the game, how great it was to have a keeper who could kick well. It was all my fault, sorry.

you werent alone.. i even said to myself.. i probably jinxed him now.. and bang. Fark.

Looked much better than Guzan yesterday and his shot stopping was impressive. Despite the kicking error the frustrating thing was how many times it went back to him to kick it clear. We need to stop playing backwards and start to push on more. I guess with the fullbacks we had it was always going to be a challenge.

1 hour ago, Hornso said:

Very interested to see how he comes out now after making the mistake. Hopefully he doesn't go back into his shell and makes more mistakes a result.

I doubt it will affect him. He's 21 I'm sure he had a few drinks with the lads and forgot all about it.

He looked very good to me. Commanded well and was confident, just a shame his kick went the way it did. In fairness he still cleared it 40 yards, and a couple of ricochets and Forestieri is in on goal.

Even my Grandad who is a tough Villa fan to please commented on how impressed with him and Elphick he was!

• Like 1

Â