Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Don't have much of an opinion on our new signing, but I like the look of your kitchen. Very modern. 

Kitchen is alright but far too much milk in that cup of tea.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2016/07/09/gollini-on-villa

Pierluigi Gollini insists he knows all about the size and stature of Aston Villa – and says promotion to the Premier League is very clear in his mind.

Gollini stresses that focusing on the future - rather than the pain of relegation - is paramount in order to have a successful season.

He said: “I am very pleased to have joined this great Club. 

“For me this is a very big opportunity. I am really happy to be here. 

“I just can’t wait to start, improve myself and show what I can do for this team.

“There is no doubt that Aston Villa is a very big Club. I know all about the history of this Club. 

“Relegation can happen. Everyone can have a bad season. But I think the most important thing is how you react and how you get back. 

“We will be doing our very best this season – everything we can, in fact – to get back into the Premier League because this is the division Aston Villa deserves to be in.”

Gollini has already targeted a tight relationship with the Villa faithful in this and future campaigns.

He added: “I can’t wait to play for these Villa fans. I know they are very passionate. 

“I have been on a tour of the stadium and it really is magnificent. 

“I can’t imagine what it will be like when it’s full and everyone is cheering us on. I believe that will be very emotional.”

• Like 1

Yes he's in for a shock when the booing and groaning starts after 20 minutes!

Although cynicism and past experience aside, I think the takeover and the fresh start should see the fans be very supportive from the get go. 

Win the first 3 games and the crowd will come flocking back quicker than the time it takes for you to say the word 'llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch'.

Oh, yes, very good statistics on Gollini compared to other goalkeepers here. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for the top few, as he's still young and i'm one to think Verona have a worse defence than ours! However, as you go down, he gets closer and closer to matching even De Gea!

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#serie_a/2015/2016/pierluigi_gollini/177/177/15698/0/p|premier_league/2015/2016/brad_guzan/165/165/409/0/p|premier_league/2015/2016/david_de_gea/165/165/590/0/p#clean_sheets/saves_per_goal/errors_leading_to_goal/punches/catches/saves/successful_passes/avg_pass_length#90

EDIT - Tried to do a quote, failed miserably...

Edited by meme
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Hughes said:

Not a dig at you specifically Mr. Mooney but, not long ago we all moaned and bitched about having an owner who never said anything in public.  And now we are moaning that the owner says too much or not exactly what we want. Me too think that maybe he is a bit naive and says things that may come back to haunt him but FFS cut him some slack. 

Damn, if only there were some sort of sensible yet passionate middle ground...

• Like 3

His goals conceded is 1.71 per 90 mins slightly lower than Guzan at 2.07. That said a lot of this stat is dictated by the defence you have in front of you. De Gea only concedes 0.97 but he's also in one of the worlds best teams with a defence worth close to £100 million in front of him. So for 21 years old Gollini is off to a pretty decent start, I would love to have seen De Gea's stats when he was 21. 

10 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

@meme those are some OK stats, my optimism is slowly recovering. Also, who cares about punching it, I hate it when keepers punch it, just catch it!

Punching basically gives away the ball to the opposition, I too hate it. When you realise that De Gea has got a top defence infront of him (Man Utd fans really exaggerate about the ability of their defence, its not THAT bad), the stats actually get quite similar to eachother.

Edited by meme
  • Like 1

I'd like to see the highlights reel of the goals he conceded, not the saves he made. I'm hoping for a keeper who as a priority doesn't make frequent, catastrophic errors, can command the area and can kick the ball accurately - the exceptional top corner or point-blank goal saving ability would just be a welcome cherry on the top.

Well he seem to have a hard head and not afraid to dive in head first.

Edit: can't post but there is a video of him colliding with Carlos Bacca when he's throwing himself at a ball. Gutsy save

Edited by sne

9 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I'd like to see the highlights reel of the goals he conceded, not the saves he made. I'm hoping for a keeper who as a priority doesn't make frequent, catastrophic errors, can command the area and can kick the ball accurately - the exceptional top corner or point-blank goal saving ability would just be a welcome cherry on the top.

His errors leading to a goal stat was 0.04 last season. De Gea was 0.03.. That said Guzan was 0.07 so not fully knowing how the scale works it's hard to know just how much worse a 0.07 is compared to 0.04. Either way it seems he doesn't make many mistakes

22 minutes ago, Daweii said:

His errors leading to a goal stat was 0.04 last season. De Gea was 0.03.. That said Guzan was 0.07 so not fully knowing how the scale works it's hard to know just how much worse a 0.07 is compared to 0.04. Either way it seems he doesn't make many mistakes

Made half the mistakes than Guzan did?  

6 hours ago, meme said:

Amavi says Elphick and Gollini look strangely similar.

I agree.

23a00a4dd9e17c024c063f743f4ac528_169_l.Jelphick-southampton-captain-4-334-181295

Have they actually been seen together at the same time? 

Maybe the plan is to sign an entire squad who look alike in order to confuse the opposition. Would give us a unique identity.

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Have they actually been seen together at the same time? 

Maybe the plan is to sign an entire squad who look alike in order to confuse the opposition. Would give us a unique identity.

Lotus Health is actually a front for a cyborg production line, Elphick and Gollini are the Xia2000 model. 

• Like 3

On 9 July 2016 at 02:45, Ginko said:

I don't expect him to stop using social media, I just ask him to use common sense before he speaks online now that he is under the watchful eye of the media and public and has more responsibilities now he owns one of the most well known clubs in the country.

We don't want an embarrassing clown like Dave Wheelan, for example. I'm not saying he's said anything like that, but with all these over ambitious claims he could make both himself and the club look rather foolish. I don't know about you lot, but I've had as much humiliation in the last few years as I can bear.

Use common sense? Half the bloody posters on here don't use it why should he be different. His opinion is just as valid as some experts on here. Don't care what the heck he says  as he backs the manager and makes us once again a force to be reckoned with he can spout as much shit as the next fan (including me).

Edited by nazvfc
  • Like 2

Â