Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

4 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Indeed, but we forget that David de Gea is only 25 and was 21 when he signed for Man Utd to be their no.1. 

Now I'm not saying he's in DDG's class, but it shows that you can be a first choice keeper at that age.

Good luck to the lad.

Also, Buffon was only 22/23 when he signed for Juve and won the Serie A title.

Young keepers can work out and I trust the coaching team.

I also noticed how often his highlight reel showed him saving the initial shot but sending it deflecting it loose in front of goal. Hoping it's purely due to the editor choosing dramatic saves and that he can catch a ball. 

I think XIa is just a bit naive about football at the moment, I've seen it mentioned in a few other places that Gollini is being tipped as future Italian international, I think he's just excitedly parroting that kind of talk. At least it shows he cares somewhat.

Gollini is at the right club if he wants to be one of the very best, there are very few goalkeeping coaches better than Massimo Battara. So yes Xia is being our adorable lil' hype man right now, but in a few years his statements may be a lot closer to the truth. It's Gollini's future to waste with Battara coaching him.

26 minutes ago, useless said:

I think XIa is just a bit naive about football at the moment, I've seen it mentioned in a few other places that Gollini is being tipped as future Italian international, I think he's just excitedly parroting that kind of talk. At least it shows he cares somewhat.

Just a bit of optimism 

He's not going to say he's the second coming of Scott Carson is he

• Like 1

I think the point Mooney is making is that he didn't need to say anything like that at all.

I love his optimism, but I do wish he'd tone it down a bit. He doesn't have to be in the media spotlight whenever we do something that makes the papers.

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

Just to remind everyone that this statement was taken from his personal Weibo account. He wasn't approached by Birmingham Mail they just took his posts. So anyone getting annoyed by this needs to get used to it as he's a social media savvy guy, he's not going to stop using his Weibo just because he now owns us and I don't expect him to. 

I don't expect him to stop using social media, I just ask him to use common sense before he speaks online now that he is under the watchful eye of the media and public and has more responsibilities now he owns one of the most well known clubs in the country.

We don't want an embarrassing clown like Dave Wheelan, for example. I'm not saying he's said anything like that, but with all these over ambitious claims he could make both himself and the club look rather foolish. I don't know about you lot, but I've had as much humiliation in the last few years as I can bear.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, The Villa View said:

All you need to know about Pierluigi Gollini in the time it takes me, to make a cup of tea.

Don't have much of an opinion on our new signing, but I like the look of your kitchen. Very modern. 

4 minutes ago, Hughes said:

Not a dig at you specifically Mr. Mooney but, not long ago we all moaned and bitched about having an owner who never said anything in public.  And now we are moaning that the owner says too much or not exactly what we want. Me too think that maybe he is a bit naive and says things that may come back to haunt him but FFS cut him some slack. 

Wait, you mean you can't please all the people all of the time?

51 minutes ago, Hughes said:

Not a dig at you specifically Mr. Mooney but, not long ago we all moaned and bitched about having an owner who never said anything in public.  

Possibly a classic case of Be Careful What You Wish For. 

Edited by briny_ear

10 hours ago, mjmooney said:

God, I do wish he'd shut the **** up. He makes Lerner look like a football expert. 

Sorry pal but when you can afford to bankroll a football club you can have an overriding opinion, until then take some of yer own advice. 

Â