Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

Played well. The one positive of the night imo.

What I liked is being Italian I thought he'd be punching crosses and basic catches but he held pretty much all the crosses which I was very pleased to see as he'll be facing a lot of those in the championship.

• 2 weeks later...

No one mentioned it, but he really messed up Middlesbrough's first goal. It was a simple shot which he parried directly to Negredo for an open net tap in.

A lot of the criticism I read from his time at Verona was that he was bad at controlling rebounds. I hope he works on this. 

27 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

No one mentioned it, but he really messed up Middlesbrough's first goal. It was a simple shot which he parried directly to Negredo for an open net tap in.

A lot of the criticism I read from his time at Verona was that he was bad at controlling rebounds. I hope he works on this. 

Got to be honest when I saw him parry the ball straight to Negredo it made me remember reading that one of his main weaknesses was exactly that.

Hopefully the new goalkeeping coach can help him work that out of his game!

I have a feeling he's going to have a very good season, I know he's not 100% finished article yet and has a lot to learn, but even De Gea struggled a little to start with. Not saying they're in the same league (but they might be next year!) but hopefully he'll be a Villa hero. He did play in England for a few years, so he must be a bit more aware of the English game than a compete noob. 

I haven't loved a keeper since Bosnich, and we haven't had a really solid keeper that I didn't worry about playing since Freidel. Hopefully he's the new one.

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Had a good game. A very good game. Up until thay kick.

Guzan wouldn't have saved a few of those shots. Good debut until the mistake that cost us the game.

• Like 1

Pathetic mistake cost us the match and soured what was up until then, a very competent performance. 

Perhaps RDM should make the sensible tactical decision to stop defenders passing it to him so often. We did this a lot last season and had issues so I have no idea why we're persisting with this strategy this season, get a clue RDM. 

Â