Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Only cloud on my day today. 

This has buggered us twice over. 

As well as him being really good and now having to be replaced in the center just as he started to develop a partnership with Mings, we also have to move Hause from the left where he was starting to look real good and bring in the awful Taylor. 

It's like having 2 injuries, not one. 

Hopefully it's not as bad suspected but unfortunately I think it will be. 

It's so frustrating that it seems this is ALWAYS the case with us.

• Like 1

Link

“He’s got a tear in his plantar fascia and he’ll probably be out for four or five weeks I think,” Smith said. “It’s not great for him and it’s not great for us.”

15 hours ago, Hornso said:

Link

15 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Back in time for what would be the play-offs then?

Don't think so, unfortunately. From what I've seen, it's about six weeks to recommence activity and twice that length of time to fully recover. So I think he's done for the season and maybe done here for good with his contract expiring in the summer.

That said, we don't know how things will pan out with our defensive loans and possible summer replacements so we could see him next year, which I'm sort of ambivalent about. 

On 06/03/2019 at 13:56, privateer said:

Don't think so, unfortunately. From what I've seen, it's about six weeks to recommence activity and twice that length of time to fully recover. So I think he's done for the season and maybe done here for good with his contract expiring in the summer.

That said, we don't know how things will pan out with our defensive loans and possible summer replacements so we could see him next year, which I'm sort of ambivalent about. 

I'd try and keep him for sure.  He and Chester can provide the continuity, I think Hause will sign permanently which hopefully leaves Mings, who would obviously be a top signing for us but I'd rate no more than 50/50 in terms of likelihood.

• Like 1

we can't afford to get sentimental about  Elphick as even when he looks like he's getting solid he still has a blunder in his locker.

I liked the guy and his goalpost prayer ritual but it's never quite happened for him here for what ever reason.

Needs to be given a new contract for a year. He’s a massive part of us actually creating some stability within this club, finally. Need to keep these sorts of characters around whilst we build. 

I actually think he would have struggled today with the way they played. I think Hause coped better than Elphick would have. 

In terms of another contract I don’t think we should offer him more than a year extension. Would he even accept that?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

I thought to myself watching on telly that the big fella with the massive beard bore a striking resemblence to a member of our staff. Didn’t notice Tommy then, but fair f***ing play for that, Tom. Great guy. 

Â