Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

After his recent performances, why not?

I think it would be a mistake. He has looked ok but he will be 32 near the start of next season and not going to get any better. One year extension maybe but anything longer than that its the club making the same mistake again. 

He will probably want longer than a year and will leave.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think it would be a mistake. He has looked ok but he will be 32 near the start of next season and not going to get any better. One year extension maybe but anything longer than that its the club making the same mistake again. 

I’d be sad to see him leave, he’s never let us down in my opinion 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I agree, no disrespect to Elphick but the club needs to start building for the future and that isn't achieved by giving 32 year olds who have made 40 appearances is 3 seasons new deals.

to be fair to both Elphick & Mings, would be really unfair if either were dropped for the next game (if Chester returns), as i thought both did really well.

Edited by MaVilla

On 03/02/2019 at 10:42, Eastie said:

Shows how ridiculous it was to let him go to hull and persevere with jedinak at centre half - elphick has been a model pro in his time with villa and deserves the plaudits for his recent performances - well done tommy 👍

Jedinak vs Elphick filling in for Terry last season go. Tell me how that went

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Jedinak vs Elphick filling in for Terry last season go. Tell me how that went

Elphick started 3 games for us last season winning at Boro, hammering Bristol City and losing to Brentford which was only goals conceded in 3 games

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Are we celebrating only conceding 1 last 2 against relegation placed teams and discounting all the goals against before??

Are you expecting Tommy to keep a clean sheet and score all the goals to win the game or something? We're just applauding the fact he has been treated poorly and is doing really well despite that. Credit given where credit is due. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MaVilla said:

to be fair to both Elphick & Mings, would be really unfair if either were dropped for the next game (if Chester returns), as i thought both did really well.

This for me. Your place in the team should be earned and he deserves a place in the starting line up currently ahead of Chester

• Like 2

Â