Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

We needed to recall him due to our laughable options at CB, but let's not forget why we sent him out on loan in the first place or how happy we all were to see the back him. 

He is incredibly poor. 

On 22/01/2019 at 10:24, av1 said:

We needed to recall him due to our laughable options at CB, but let's not forget why we sent him out on loan in the first place or how happy we all were to see the back him. 

He is incredibly poor. 

I think he’s played really well of late, at this level, he is a very good centre back in my opinion and he just seems like a very likeable bloke in my opinion

• Like 1

On 22/01/2019 at 10:24, av1 said:

He is incredibly poor. 

He is not Paolo Maldini but is competent at this level. Bruce never fancied him and killed his confidence 

He has done well since he  came back and better than **** Jedinak at centre back

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Just depends what you thought we were signing.....?

No nonsense centre back who leads, talks , takes responsibility, cleans house and puts his head where it hurts.

No longer looks a total bomb scare though partnership with Chester could be worked on. Still silly balls coming between them.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

No nonsense centre back who leads, talks , takes responsibility, cleans house and puts his head where it hurts.

No longer looks a total bomb scare though partnership with Chester could be worked on. Still silly balls coming between them.

Well he deserves a clean sheet. I wasn’t over impressed during his first spell, but under Eddie Howe he was captain of a promoted team. So he clear can be a decent player, hopefully his reported decent displays continue. 

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Very good performance yesterday from him, he’s more than competent at this level, he’s an honest pro, I rate him, always have done. I don’t know what is going to happen to Hause

Repossessed hopefully 

• Haha 2

Tommy was great yesterday. I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a one year extension. Chester is the problem he looks like he isn't struggling with the injury which isn't his fault. The club need to hurry and sort the cb situation out. I would have liked hause to have got some game time if we were abit more comfortable. 

He was solid, which is everything we want at the moment, only really undone (both him and Chester) by the long ball over the top but made up for it with the goal saving slide.

He made a beautiful cross field pass at the end of the game to Kodjia as well.

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Just seen Tommy Elphick in Boston Tea Party in Solihull, he said he has a few offers on the table, seemed like a very nice chap

Coffee or dining? What do you mean regarding the offers? 

12 minutes ago, Dale said:

Can't speak for the coffee or dining but presumably they are contract offers for next season as his contract runs out with Villa in July.

7 minutes ago, Dale said:

He came in, had a little chat with the guy that works there, I stared at him a few times, I couldn’t work out whether it was Elphick or not. I went over to him and said ‘’Are you Tommy Elphick?’’, he said ‘’yes’’ and then I said ‘’Are you going to leave in the Summer?’’ and then he said ‘’I have a few offers on the table’’ and then finally I said ‘’ You played really well against Ipswich’’ and then he left without buying anything 

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He came in, had a little chat with the guy that works there, I stared at him a few times, I couldn’t work out whether it was Elphick or not. I went over to him and said ‘’Are you Tommy Elphick?’’, he said ‘’yes’’ and then I said ‘’Are you going to leave in the Summer?’’ and then he said ‘’I have a few offers on the table’’ and then finally I said ‘’ You played really well against Ipswich’’ and then he left without buying anything 

You didn’t think we’re going to give him another contract did you? 

Â