Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

Only cloud on my day today. 

This has buggered us twice over. 

As well as him being really good and now having to be replaced in the center just as he started to develop a partnership with Mings, we also have to move Hause from the left where he was starting to look real good and bring in the awful Taylor. 

It's like having 2 injuries, not one. 

Hopefully it's not as bad suspected but unfortunately I think it will be. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Tommy has been absolutely fantastic since he came back. He does not deserve that. 

Speedy recovery tommy. I'd happily offer him a one year contract 

You feeling okay Dem? 

That actually made perfect sense 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he’s been more than solid this season, you don’t?

I think that’s what he means. Elphick has finally started to look at home here (on a regular basis), looking like the player we bought and then he picks up this injury.

His time here has been beset by various problems from the start.

I honestly wouldn't be against offering him a one year deal, but I imagine at 31 he will want some more security and one final longer term deal.

Villa has been a bit of a curse to him to be honest, so might want to cut his losses all together.

At first I thought he was going to be an absolute stalwart for us, then I thought he was a bit of a bomb scare but I liked his character, then I really hated him as he seemed to cost us a goal every game and turned into an absolute hoof merchant with the touch of a ******.
Truth is...he's alright at this level. He has looked a lot fitter which I think has helped him.

The poor ball from Mings which he had to overextend for looks to have done him in. I imagine it's an ACL with the way he looked so distraught and was stretchered off. If that's the case he'll be done for the season, which is a real shame because that CB combo was looking pretty solid after suffering such a leaky defence for so long.

He did nearly nick Grealish's worldy too by attempting to get his head to it, so at least we still have the joy of that wonder strike.

On 27/02/2019 at 23:11, Hornso said:

Does Elphick get another deal? If so, one or two years?

Yes if the injury isn't something ridiculous and the wages are right. 

He'll never take a one year deal so it will have to be 2.

If we're here for 2 more years he'll be fine, if promoted his wages will be irrelevant and we'll probably loan him back the a championship team anyway. 

Â