Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

On 01/06/2019 at 00:50, HanoiVillan said:

Average bottom half Championship defender, but he seems like a good guy and a good influence in the dressing room. 

unfortunately, you don't get points in the dressing room😀

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

"when things go well..." 

Yep

He's not wrong though is he?  

Look at the Everton game, I'm absolutely sure the crowd lifted the players - why we don't even attempt it most weekends is beyond me.  

Some clubs thrive off having intimidating atmospheres, seems we're happy just making up the numbers, and moan when the opposing team score a goal.  

It was great in the 10 match winning run, it was great against the Baggies in the play-off's and it was amazing verses Everton.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

He's not wrong though is he?  

Look at the Everton game, I'm absolutely sure the crowd lifted the players - why we don't even attempt it most weekends is beyond me.  

Some clubs thrive off having intimidating atmospheres, seems we're happy just making up the numbers, and moan when the opposing team score a goal.  

It was great in the 10 match winning run, it was great against the Baggies in the play-off's and it was amazing verses Everton.  

I hate to say it, but as time goes on I start to think O'Leary actually had us sussed out. Look at any ground we go to of the so-called smaller teams. They're always roaring on their teams. Going to Watford or Baggies or, Brighton as we'll see tomorrow are always intimidating atmospheres.

We're deathly silent at VP unless we're a.) ripping our opponents apart or b.) playing a top 6 side. It's so frustrating because we have on of the best grounds in the world. Like Tommy said, we could literally will our team to victory like against Everton, but we just...don't? I don't understand it.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I hate to say it, but as time goes on I start to think O'Leary actually had us sussed out. Look at any ground we go to of the so-called smaller teams. They're always roaring on their teams. Going to Watford or Baggies or, Brighton as we'll see tomorrow are always intimidating atmospheres.

We're deathly silent at VP unless we're a.) ripping our opponents apart or b.) playing a top 6 side. It's so frustrating because we have on of the best grounds in the world. Like Tommy said, we could literally will our team to victory like against Everton, but we just...don't? I don't understand it.

Yep, the atmosphere 90% of the time is dreadful. We should base our support like Crystal Palace - a partizan atmosphere.

VP can be poisonous when it's expected we win, which is usually every week unless - as you say - it's top 6.

Shame really.

46 minutes ago, Zatman said:

For a team that has been consistently shit for nearly 2 decades we have some very impatient fans with unrealistic expectations.

This.  Absolutely this.

Even in the 90s we were all over the place.  

• 6 months later...
6 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Also says villa players were drunk at training. Any one have access to the athletic? 

I listened to the podcast he did with Gregg Evans, didn’t name any names but did go on to say that the club was a shambles when we went down and there were huge divisions in the dressing room. Kinda goes without saying that Ross McScoreussomecrackmack was the one drinking. 

• Like 1

Â