Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

i thought we should offer him another 1 year contract before today, but seeing him in the stands its a "must" :P

Even if next season he isnt an auto pick for the first team, at least he would be excellent backup and a good influence around the club, and it means we can spend more on the new first team pairing and he can challenge them, as we arent paying for backup players.

Edited by MaVilla

58 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

I thought to myself watching on telly that the big fella with the massive beard bore a striking resemblence to a member of our staff. Didn’t notice Tommy then, but fair f***ing play for that, Tom. Great guy. 

i imagine if he was able to Hutton would have been in the crowd too

Yeah I noticed the guy with the beard aswell, he's popped up on some of the youtube videos so must be backroom staff member of some kind.

Hope Tommy didn't injure himself more in the crush after Jack went into the crowd (imagine he must've got a shock aswell celebrating and seeing Elphick right infront of him!)

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I spoke to Tommy yesterday and he thinks he'll back in about 10 days.  That'll be a big boost if we're playing (hopefully!) another 3 games after the end of the season.

He doesnt make the bench for me!

9 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I spoke to Tommy yesterday and he thinks he'll back in about 10 days.  That'll be a big boost if we're playing (hopefully!) another 3 games after the end of the season.

I think it will and we need every player back for the run -in

Leeds and Norwich will be tough encounters, requiring a lot of energy and commitment.....The 3 games in the play offs ,fingers crossed will also be challenging.

That leaves a Home game with Millwall who are " Fighting" for their lives....and a possible banana skin away game at Bolton.

We need every able Jack at the pumps.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think it will and we need every player back for the run -in

Leeds and Norwich will be tough encounters, requiring a lot of energy and commitment.....The 3 games in the play offs ,fingers crossed will also be challenging.

That leaves a Home game with Millwall who are " Fighting" for their lives....and a possible banana skin away game at Bolton.

We need every able Jack at the pumps.

we have a a very more than able Jack.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Apparently Elphick had been released also?

Source Birmingham mail.

Right decision.

He won't (shouldn't) be anywhere near the team in the Premier League

28 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Right decision.

He won't (shouldn't) be anywhere near the team in the Premier League

Although I agree, I feel we wouldn't of released him unless we knew we had incoming players in that position, we are currently down to one not fit James Chester and one out of contract Mile Jedinak as our central defence...

Gives me some hope Hause or Mings are close.

Yep, didn’t have the start he wanted under us but being sent out on loan when the defence was in the state it was is in was farcical.

Tommy has had the right attitude from the start, stepped in a number of times and did a job for us when we were struggling for cover, the time when Terry was out and obviously being recalled this January.

A likeable bloke and a model professional. All the best for the future.

• Like 2

I thought he was excellent at times last season, there was one match at home, I can’t remember who it was against but he was outstanding. He never moaned about his lack of opportunities here, just got on with his job when called upon. I met him, he seemed like a very nice bloke, shame he’s gone, I wish him all the best for the future!

• Like 1

Â