Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

No chance if we continue with a weak, piss poor midfield of Westwood and Gardner. Both goals we conceded the opposition just breezed through the centre of the park.

Unfortunately we are probably going to have to have at least 1 of them in there every game.

• Like 1

Beat brentford on tues, draw with Ipswich then suddenly concert our chances against Newcastle and win 5-0, then win next 5 in a row.

Yes this is all very tongue in cheek, but in all  seriousness as I've said in other threads we will give someone a hammering very soon and when we do I can see us going on a winning streak. We have so much firepower for this league. Still see us going up

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Still confident we can make the playoffs. We've deserved more and once it clicks a bit more I can see us putting a run together. 

It’s not the first time Villa have failed to see out games - they’ve took the lead in five of their last six games yet only have one win to show for it.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-owner-dr-xia-11873131

Bloody hell!

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Still confident we can make the playoffs. We've deserved more and once it clicks a bit more I can see us putting a run together. 

I still think we can make top 2. 

If we keep playing like this, it will come. It does need to happen fairly quickly, but if we can get a run going I think we could get right up there. 

• Like 2

um, not getting the certain doom merchants, we're 6 points off second with 120 points to play for. We will have a good run of form this season, I'm pretty sure of that, It's how good for hwo long that will determine our chances of promotion. Not the time it takes to get a bunch of strangers to become a team.

Loads were off on international duty, so the work begins now.

3 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I still think we can make top 2. 

If we keep playing like this, it will come. It does need to happen fairly quickly, but if we can get a run going I think we could get right up there. 

Absolutely - we started sImilar in 87/88 and the same things were said - the confidence of a couple of successive wins key a big difference - results will come and we will get better and better .

• Like 1

How on earth can people make assumptions, or even educated guesses on the entire season, after six games?! There's 40 games left! 120 points!

Its an almost entirely new first eleven, yet some of the forward play was the best I've seen in many a season. Evolving into a team, rather than a posse of individuals, (who are desperate to get promoted), will take a little time.

I was so impressed by today, we owned the game. Not winning is clearly galling, but we dominated, and that for now is enough. I'm loving Villa at the moment, it's just brilliant to have optimism.

12 hours ago, romavillan said:

um, not getting the certain doom merchants, we're 6 points off second with 120 points to play for. We will have a good run of form this season, I'm pretty sure of that, It's how good for hwo long that will determine our chances of promotion. Not the time it takes to get a bunch of strangers to become a team.

Loads were off on international duty, so the work begins now.

Yeah, there is a huge glut of teams just one win above us. All we need do is win a couple on the bounce and we are play-offs. Then lets push on from there. I am convinced we will begin to turn these draws into wins, the team know what they have to do and if we can just get Jedi back in there it will make all the difference.

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

6 points from 6 matches was the start we all dreamed of.

Million miles from a dream start but I think one many expected. Certainly I always thought given the huge turnover in players that we would make a slow start. Whilst our points total is poor I think performances have in the main been good.

If after 12 games we are still averaging only a point a game I would certainly start to become concerned. I don’t expect that to be anything like the case though and expect us to start accumulating the points our performances deserve.

Edited by markavfc40

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Million miles from a dream start but I think one many expected. Certainly I always thought given the huge turnover in players that we would make a slow start. Whilst our points total is poor I think performances have in the main been good.

If after 12 games we are still averaging only a point a game I would certainly start to become concerned. I don’t expect that to be anything like the case though and expect us to start accumulating the points our performances deserve.

Totally agree , was always going to be tough at first with a new team but they will get better as the season goes on - far too soon to write us off .

Â