Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

I give them full credit for getting the results that they have.  Winning by one goal is a vital skill and they'll do well.  But you'll be caught out eventually and I think over the course of the season there are other sides who will be found out less than they are.  Being top after 6 games having won 5 with a +5 goal difference is ultra-efficient, but also tells another story.

16 hours ago, Mantis said:

What's your point?

Mantis......read Alex Berwicks "fan blog"in this evenings Birmingham mail, he explains "my point" in his summary.......much better and saves me typing.

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think our first choice midfield is good enough.  We just need to get them on the field.

I think we need another durable one as the first choice 2 may miss too many games. i guess we will have to wait until Jan now, unless there is someone without a club, who fits the bill

Edited by TRO

Just now, TRO said:

I think we need another durable one as the first choice 2 may miss too many games.

I agree.  Our own treatment room could come between us and the season we need.

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think our first choice midfield is good enough.  We just need to get them on the field.

BOF.....not disagreeing at all, but my worry its the way we are set up.....as I explained Alex Berwick puts his finger on it for me.......I like him are not going to start turning on RDM but in his summary on the last game, he does not exactly pin point the problems, maybe he doesn't agree which is his prerogative ,but he does say " If we keep on working on area's we need to improve" " hopefully results will come" a bit lame for me and smacks of the last 6 years quotes.

He needs to tell it like it is.....like his boss does.

I understand the merits of discretion, but we cannot keep having players being protected by that....its almost close/ early stages of condoning it.

13 minutes ago, BOF said:

I agree.  Our own treatment room could come between us and the season we need.

There is a danger there of "leaves on the rails".... Every club has to deal with that.

This division is a scrap, not a breeze.....It requires players and managers who embrace that.

TBH I think once we have Jedinak settled in the centre, Gardner could be a good partner for him.  I like his marauding style and the forwards just need the rub of the green (stop walking under ladders).  We'll be graaaaaand :thumb:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

TBH I think once we have Jedinak settled in the centre, Gardner could be a good partner for him.  I like his marauding style and the forwards just need the rub of the green (stop walking under ladders).  We'll be graaaaaand :thumb:

And i am hopeful too of Jedinak.....Its not a case of being negative its saying it like you see it.

Just now, TRO said:

Its not a case of being negative its saying it like you see it.

I agree, and I never said anyone was being negative :thumb:  It's been a strange start to the season.  We're sitting in 17th and yet the fans are generally trying to reassure the owner that it'll be OK :lol: That's a new one on me but I agree with them.

4 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

Gollini and Steer are both OK in my opinion.  We are not perfect, no team is, but we have more than enough to get promoted out of this league.

Nobody suggested we were perfect. Nor do we need to be perfect to get promoted.  But we do need a better 'keeper than we currently have because you can get away with a dodgy, inexperienced left back, midfielder, winger etc....but not a goalkeeper. And for me, everything I've seen this season suggests we are weak in that area.

As for the rest of the team, we seem to be looking a lot better, but a long way to go to be top 6 material.

33 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Wow. That's mad. And with the amount we have spent on strikers, rather worrying that we aren't higher than we are given how much we create. Are our strikers not good enough? Surely we have to be scoring more goals with so many chances created.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

If our group of strikers isn't good enough for Championship level, then i don't know what to believe anymore.

I'm just wondering why we are so low in the table when we have created so many chances.  I'm not saying they AREN'T good enough. Just asking what's going on. It seems strange.

Just now, One For The Road said:

I'm just wondering why we are so low in the table when we have created so many chances.  I'm not saying they AREN'T good enough. Just asking what's going on. It seems strange.

I got what you meant. It was more a 'if they turn out not to be good enough, I'll probably cry myself to sleep' kind of thing.

• Like 1

as the team gels, we'll become more efficient.  I'm just glad we're creating the chances, the goals will follow.

We've more or less a brand new team, it takes time on the training field and match days for players to identify how their team mates play.  E.g. Does McCormack come short or play on the shoulder?  Can you trust him to play to his feet and him hold it up, or do you have to play into space for him to run on to?  Is he likely to square the ball in a shooting position when you're in a better position, or is he going to shoot? 

Think of trying to figure that all out, and applying it to 9 other players.. It's a hell of a job.  I think it's great we've created so many chances.  Props to RDM for getting us to play that way.

We'll be fine, this is a looooonnnggg season.  How many times do you look at the Championship in December and think "I didn't expect to see them down there.." only to see that team in play off's or pushing for automatic promotion in May..

I'd be very worried if we couldn't create chances. 

• Like 1

Read the Blues match reports, it might help explain......We have no striker problem, the chances will be converted.

The Blues team on paper is no match for ours, but as we all know football is not about on paper......and football is not all about strikers and goalscoring as important as it is, there are other aspects and that is where Blues are outperforming us at the moment.

Our management either see it and deal with it or ignore it and let events take their course.

We will wait and see, which is it.

18 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

If our group of strikers isn't good enough for Championship level, then i don't know what to believe anymore.

They are good enough....but that is not where our problem lies.

Edited by TRO

Â