Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

I've just put £25.00 us to win outright at 14-1. 

We've played well and had more than enough chances to win each game. We've had the biggest overhaul of players. Once/if we click, we'll walk this league. 

With all the players we've bought, Grealish will be our star player.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

We've played well and had more than enough chances to win each game. We've had the biggest overhaul of players. Once/if we click, we'll walk this league. 

Kudos to you, drinks on you and sponsor of my first trip to Villa Park when we do so then? :P

• Like 1

On 5 July 2016 at 15:19, Zatman said:

because he thinks he is a lot better than he plays and talks about going teams like Spurs when he had a shocking season with Newcastle mainly because he doesnt care. Guy has talent but has a stinking attitude

Look where he's ending up :D

Edit: original quote is in this thread, it does look horrifically off topic though!

Edited by bobzy

3 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Just done similar but got 18/1 on paddy power

• Like 1

Finishing first or second should be the only acceptable outcome from this season given how much money we have spent and the quality of player we have brought in. We outspent all our rivals bar maybe Newcastle and in football money buys success. If RDM doesn't get us promoted this season he'll be under some serious pressure.

12 hours ago, ender4 said:

If we are going to win outright, we'll probably be fighting Newcastle for the spot.

They've signed 12 players this summer (apparently) ... do they now have a better or worse team than us?

Better Manager.

I think newcastle although strong in this league are significantly weaker than when they were relegated. I think its the opposite for us, our team was garbage but on paper is very strong. I think we should be aiming top 6. Once we get that away win I can see us going on a big run. I think the derby games will be what determines it for us, wolves, blose, forest etc. 

I think its down to us going on a significant winning run soon, as to whether we can go up. 

We need to lose this mental block, and the oly way to do it is to win games. (er....rather obviously)

35 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Who are we going to get better than the FSW?

Don't know. Im just saying IMO that newcastle have a better manager than we do - and that makes them more likely to get promoted. 

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Don't know. Im just saying IMO that newcastle have a better manager than we do - and that makes them more likely to get promoted. 

You moan about RDM a lot, so surely you must have an idea on who'd you like to replace him with?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

You moan about RDM a lot, so surely you must have an idea on who'd you like to replace him with?

No.

Im just saying I don't think we will get promoted with him as he won't be able to mould this set of expensive players into a team. If he can great - happy to be wrong. He has to be given time to fail.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

No.

Im just saying I don't think we will get promoted with him as he won't be able to mould this set of expensive players into a team. If he can great - happy to be wrong. He has to be given time to fail.

Or, with our positive hats on, time to succeed.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

No.

I can understand the doubts he hasnt been great thus far with only one win, but I do think he will turn this around very soon. The signs are there. Someone is going to get a real hiding from us soon when we take our chances 

on one hand, i really wish villa played today.. on the other, i'm romantically nourished by the idea of these players having had a decent amount of time training together before the forest game.

dare i say a corner of sorts has finally turned for the club?

i'm really tempted to call in sick to work and fly over there

newcastle are strong, looking good, going to do it...

same old villa, looking shakey, mid table, blah blah blah...

next 5 fixtures - forest, brentford, ipswich (a), newcastle, barnsley (a)

newcastles - derby (a), QPR (a), wolves, villa (a), norwich

we'll be above them by the end of september

• Like 1

Â