Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

also over 15% of the season will be finished after those 2 games.

Which actually indicates how poorly it is likely to serve as a final indicator.

The only fans with anything to worry about after 15, 20, 25 % of the season, are those who mistakenly thought/think we are in line for automatic promotion. And guess what, they are going to be worried all season long, alllllll  season.

For anybody - more reasonably - hoping we have a chance of the play-offs we could wait for 60% of the season to go and it STILL wouldn't mean we were out of it if we were where we are now.

So it's meaningful (and worrying) for some, but not for most.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

In my view, having either Westwood or Gardner in your midfield guarantees you wont be getting promoted. Having both puts you in even worse trouble. We seem to have signed an injury prone midfield as replacements and as such I am very worried.

I agree....midfield is a worry for me.

.....but we just need to start winning.....Quick.

Edited by TRO

24 minutes ago, terrytini said:

The only fans with anything to worry about after 15, 20, 25 % of the season, are those who mistakenly thought/think we are in line for automatic promotion. And guess what, they are going to be worried all season long, alllllll  season.

For anybody - more reasonably - hoping we have a chance of the play-offs we could wait for 60% of the season to go and it STILL wouldn't mean we were out of it if we were where we are now.

So it's meaningful (and worrying) for some, but not for most.

terry, I understand the call for calm and patience being a virtue, but we cannot afford to sleep walk in to draws and defeats.

I am expecting the lads from Bristol & Borough to create a spark and they haven't had a chance yet due to the international break....but we do need to start turning performances in to points.

I'm sure we will very soon.

There never is a time limit on these things and gelling is not an easy thing , but I won't accept many performances like the second half at Bristol.

If we make the play offs after a long 46 game season we will have done well. Money spent does not equal success. It's going to take time for all the new players to gel and start playing to a system, no matter how much they cost. Just remember the shambles we were 3 months ago.

Get used to losing a fair few games this season chaps, even in this rubbish league we are gracing with our presence   ;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think it's hilarious how people are almost purposely pretending like Huddersfield aren't 4 points clear at the top of the table and keep winning.:rolleyes:. Newcastle this, Norwich that, Birmingham this...

Good point.....and considering we gave them something to think about.

The thing is.....we must make these moments of good play count in terms of points and cut out benevolent errors.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Well if Tony Xia is going to be worried all season long, you can bet that RDM is not going to have a job at Villa by the end of the season.

Some might say that, yes. Some also say that the proof is in the pudding. The fact that someone is saying something doesn't necessarily make that statement a truth.

Edited by TB
gah. spelling.

Whilst we cannot wallow in procrastination, like we have done for the last 6 years, conversely expectation can hinder the progress.

Its interesting to see Blues with low expectation, modest, budgets, grow in to a team that can wrestle points in this league.

The manager, does need some oxygen in order to gel the team, but equally we should see little sparks of improvement in our play on a gradual basis.

I don't think Dr Tone will just sit back with his fingers crossed, like has seemed to be in the past, but RDM and his crew, do need reasonable space and time for change.

Constant upheaval is not ideal for long term improvement.

The money we have spent is just market forces at work and the fact we are trying to fast track ourselves back to respectability, its not a guarantee we have bought the right players.

We will only know that when the season unfolds.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, thunderball said:

It's definitely our weakest area, but better than the end of last season. theres always January

my other consideration is that the new signings could help with raising the confidence.A fully fit functioning Jedinak will also raise confidence and that could have a knock on effect.

I am hoping that will happen.

.....but wins, do nurture that confidence too....its a snowball.

I still think we are very fragile, Still a bit poorly, I am waiting and relishing to see us back to health and strong.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

my other consideration is that the new signings could help with raising the confidence.A fully fit functioning Jedinak will also raise confidence and that could have a knock on effect.

I am hoping that will happen.

.....but wins, do nourish that confidence too....its a snowball.

I still think we are very fragile, Still a bit poorly, I am waiting and relishing to see us back to health and strong.

100%

But one thing, please never use the word "nourish" on this forum, it reawakens a part of my life I have banished from recall and brings on my nervous tic

;-)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thunderball said:

100%

But one thing, please never use the word "nourish" on this forum, it reawakens a part of my life I have banished from recall and brings on my nervous tic

;-)

sorry,sorry, yes your right.

I have now fixed it in my original post.

• Like 1

Â